MFD Problems !!!

wytco0

Hi I just collected my golf after it had its MFD display replaced as the original had failed. Good news is that its all working fine now. Bad news is that the mileage is completely wrong.

I took it back and complained and they connected up the old display and found that what had happened is that the mileage has been transferred to the new display using the Kilometres from the old one. So instead of reading 6000 miles (which is about right) it reads 10000 miles (approx) which is 1.6 times the correct reading. It isnt just that the display is reading in KMs it definitely says Miles but the number is the number of km's the old display had recorded.

My car is completely UK spec however it was ordered via Euroimports and and came to me via a dealer in Denmark.

The display has always been in miles and everything about the car is UK spec but I am wondering if deep in the brain of the car there is something that has caused the VW transfer software to get confused?

The dealers are ordering another new display to try and sort it out.

Are there any VW techs here who have any ideas or advice on how to resolve this?

Thanks.