New M3 with pic...

bazza_g

grin.gif looking good in flesh - loving it in red with the contrasting black roof - if you look at the pic the BMW and M3 badges have been taped over in black (not me with photoshop!) - what I presume to be the owner was making gestures at me to feck off so I didn't hang around 169144-ok.gif

1196365-21072007%28002%29%28Medium%29.jpg

post-3095-137914403713_thumb.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

That is stunning!

[/ QUOTE ]

Stunning? I really dont see that at all

I see a e90 3 series BM (which is kinda dubious looking at best IMO) with a black roof and quad pipes.

I'm sure they'll be plenty round here very soon.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

That is stunning!

[/ QUOTE ]

Stunning? I really dont see that at all

I see a e90 3 series BM (which is kinda dubious looking at best IMO) with a black roof and quad pipes.

I'm sure they'll be plenty round here very soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer the look of normal coupes TBH. Looks very 'stuck' on bits to me!!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necessarily a bad thing (if you can live with the 'dubious' and get one in black). Swap quads for twin pipes and it's another step towards obscurity - no doubt some wouldn't like that but it would suit me (if I had M3 cash to blow frown.gif)

[ QUOTE ]

Personally I think the black roof ruins what it otherwise a nice looking car.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the black roof will go better with pretty much any other colour par red. Think it will be nice against the white...

Bazza it wont be a customer car. First deliveries are in Sept. Maybe its an early press car?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Personally I think the black roof ruins what it otherwise a nice looking car.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the black roof will go better with pretty much any other colour par red. Think it will be nice against the white...

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree there, I think it'd look fantastic with the black/white contrast.

[ QUOTE ]

You know it's carbon fibre, right? To save weight at the top of the car and keep the centre of gravity low, improving handling?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know it's carbon fibre but that's irrelevant as I was talking about the asthetics of the thing. I've no doubt that the car will handle fantastic but I don't like the black roof with a red body.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

You know it's carbon fibre, right? To save weight at the top of the car and keep the centre of gravity low, improving handling?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know it's carbon fibre but that's irrelevant as I was talking about the asthetics of the thing. I've no doubt that the car will handle fantastic but I don't like the black roof with a red body.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose you could always PTM...?

I think that is the same M3 I have seen on the M3 and in the Bracknell area, Last time I saw it was on the A329 two weeks ago, being closely followed by a black 645. The one I saw also had the badges taped up, did it have KAK or KAX as the last three letters on the plate ?

I guess it is a BMW UK car doing final road testing or something ? The car does look better in the flesh than in the pics and I think a black one would look better grin.gif I wonder if the wider wheel arches or the M3 will make the cab version a little better to look at , proportion wise I mean.

[ QUOTE ]

Those exhausts look like dodgy aftermarket versions. Maybe from a different angle they look better.

Rather than taping over the badge, why didnt they just specify the car as no badges, then stick one on later if necessary??

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Who had the brain wave to tape over the badges?? FFS. smashfreakB.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Those exhausts look like dodgy aftermarket versions. Maybe from a different angle they look better.

Rather than taping over the badge, why didnt they just specify the car as no badges, then stick one on later if necessary??

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Who had the brain wave to tape over the badges?? FFS. smashfreakB.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont pretend you knew what it was Chris! grin.gif