Why...?

Woppum

[ QUOTE ]

Do you mean it was registered in Cyprus? confused.gif

In which case, what is it doing here?

[/ QUOTE ]

A RHD Import Dave I guess. Not C16 (UK) spec so may lack a few of the usual goodies on a late UK car - when there are loads of UK cars about then why bother with this one - be hard to verify the low miles/other history from it's Cypriate origin possibly.

Worth a test drive though I reckon grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Do you mean it was registered in Cyprus? confused.gif

In which case, what is it doing here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Spoke to them earlier today. They told me they have been sitting on the car for 5 months, it was first priced at £67k and they have just dropped it and it was imported from the states, but has a full UK spec?

I am going to go and test drive it on the weekend and have a look at the documents so will let you know. They are going to put a part ex value on the CSL too... tongue.gif

And dont get excited, I doubt ill take it as it is quite flash and im not convinced it will be a better car for everyday use than the CSL - in fac if it has a heavy box it will be much worse...

[ QUOTE ]

Mate,

if you drive it I reckon you'll end up buying it! 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I am going to take it fairly seriously. 'If' I did it I have three options:

1) Keep it as a company car - which is really what I want to do as I just dont want to spend the time and hassle of petrol recipts, expenses and paying out of my own pocket when it needs a repair. I dont know what these cars are list but im guessing about £80k so I will be taxable on alot and the CSL is killing me now.

2) Buy it privavatly outright. Then I have to think more about depreciation and how many miles I put on it - which will be alot.

3) Do a finace deal - im not keen on anything that makes me in debt but could this be a sensible option on this car?

Then there are the reasons I shouldnt get it:

1. The price, the tax, the running costs?

2. It has no rear seats and they get used alot in my car.

3. It is bright yellow - which I like, but bit flash?

4. It has a manual box. Living in town means I may get fed up very quickly. Anyone have experiance? Are they heavy etc?

5. I will have to retro fit sat nav andf sounds so that is another £3k.

6. The brakes look a bit small.

7. I love the CSL - is it worth £30k over? Is it worth £1 over?

8. Im not ready for a new car.

Still I need to test drive this and either get it out my system or fall in love with it. I dont know which yet...

You'll fall in love with it!

The gear change is a 'sports manual' but it just fits in with the overall feel of the car.

I would say that give yourself 48hours cool off after you drive the car, because it will just blow you away.. It's a much better car than I am driver, if that makes sense.

But, it's also pretty raw. Could you use it as a daily driver?.. if not, maybe a C4 or a turbo would suit you better.

That's really my dilemma.. could or would i use it every day, or is it just that little bit 'extreme' ECLIPSe.gif

I know I like the idea of it and I would aim to get it about 5k cheaper than the M3 (with DSG). So when you look at it like that - its a no brainer. Really its wether it is a better car than the CSL.

Last time I drove the turbo I thought it was too soft - but with a bit of tweaking im sure it would be great. Only thing I dont like about it is all seem to have those seats with no support at all. Id have to have Gt3 seats cool.gif

But remember this is all in 'pipe dream mode'. Im strong willed and I wont do it... (I think crazy.gif)

A main issue for concern on Cyprus (C98) spec cars is the different underpan corrosion protection specs. They just don't need the same levels of protection against road salt etc etc. And so don't have it!

No idea if you can retro this stuff but worth considering.

The alternative is to buy the car and a house in Cyprus and leave it there wink.gif Good luck using the performance though grin.gif

I would apreciate some advise on finance, what your feelings are on depreciation and I suppose future values of the 997 GT3 - as maybe it would be worth waiting a couple of years for that? I have probably lost the majority on the CSL now it may be the best option to keep it and wait for the 997 to drop - even if I like the 996?

[ QUOTE ]

I would apreciate some advise on finance, what your feelings are on depreciation and I suppose future values of the 997 GT3 - as maybe it would be worth waiting a couple of years for that? I have probably lost the majority on the CSL now it may be the best option to keep it and wait for the 997 to drop - even if I like the 996?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd have thought that within 6 months of the new M3 Sept launch both old M3's and CSL's will take a further 15-20% dive in value.

Nothing to do with the old cars, just the volume of stock dumped on the market due to owners wanting the V8 and the new car kudos. The CSL might be an exceptional car, but market forces will ripple and affect it's value.

Porsche cleverly minimise the overall design / face changes each time they offer a newer version, this seems to help keep residuals reasonable and in a bun fight between deprication values CSL v GT Porsche, the CSL will percent wise loose more each year.

So waiting could increase the gap between values and thus the affordability of your potential replacement.

Answer- buy now, next Feb your CSL will have lost another 15% of value, the Porsche less so 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

A lot of people reckon the MK1 GT3 will become a depreciation proof classic. I only looked at Mk2's as they were newer and hence can stay in warranty longer for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really I though the Mk2 was the much better car? Its faster too right?

I just spoke to the guy with the yellow one on pistonheads and he has apparantly sold it, the chap is picking it up tomorow.

I have the tt at the moment and drove a gt3 for the first time on sat, and im now undecided what to do, i find the tt soft after the CSL'S especialy the second one which had AP'S and intrax supension. but i dont know if the GT3 would be to much if i had to use it on a daily basis.

One solution i am thinking about is uprating the tt suspension with the porsche factory X73 kit which i have read firms the car up quite a bit.

Keith