Any ideas or suggestion why my type r does this???

az123

Does any body know why my type r does this.

When coming to a stop at i.e traffic light, the rev counter goes below 1 (inbetween 0 and 1) and the engine starts to shake lightly as if its going to stall, but then idles back to 1 again and runs like normal again, any suggestions on how i can fix this or why this is happening (and it doesnt happen all the time, its very on and off??? confused.gif

I had exactly the same issues with my Type R mad.gif

Had it back to the dealer 4 times with this and was promised each time that it had been fixed - seemed ok for about a couple of trips then went back to being a PITA - mad.gifmad.gif

My old man (who is somewhat more handy with engines than I am) suspected idle control valve and given that's what the other replies are saying, I would start with that 169144-ok.gif

• 1 month later...

Ye i know why, its down to the Tech. who pdi'd your car he is either idle or has not been shown how to do it properly...>To set your idle speed... turn off all electrical loads fan a/c radio etc.... let the car IDLE on its own.. ie dont touch ANYTHING... let it idle until the cooloing fan cuts in and out twice... this should sort your idling issues...NB this procedure must be done each time your battery has been disconected or gone flat..

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...