Making a few changes

robintegra

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deffo thumbs up 169144-ok.gif for the Revo. It's not the only good remap out there but takes DSG into account and delivers power smoothly all the way up. I would go for Stage1 even if you plan to spend the extra £50 for Stage2 later. But what other performance mods you have will also contribute.

Also, Revo have an excellent aftersales service in my experience.

....Stunning!!

I like the way the white front splitter shape matches the rear .:R white shape. Also I love the black VW badge. Just one question: Did you consider having red edges to your alloys instead of white? - I think it looks great in white though and red might not have suited it better. I guess I'm just thinking of the logic of matching the red line grill surround (which I'm glad you didn't change).

Imo you've perfectly preserved the GTI-look even with a R32 rear, probably helped by being honest and keeping the GTI badges.

notworthy.gif

[i've sent you a PM]

Excellent modding Robintegra smile.gif Nice attention to detail, I especially like what you've done with the white rims on the wheels and you've got the body kit (front spoiler, skirts and rear bumper/exhaust) just like I want mine smile.gif

How troublesome was it to get the R32 style exhaust fitted?

[ QUOTE ]

....Stunning!!

I like the way the white front splitter shape matches the rear .:R white shape. Also I love the black VW badge. Just one question: Did you consider having red edges to your alloys instead of white? - I think it looks great in white though and red might not have suited it better. I guess I'm just thinking of the logic of matching the red line grill surround (which I'm glad you didn't change).

Imo you've perfectly preserved the GTI-look even with a R32 rear, probably helped by being honest and keeping the GTI badges.

notworthy.gif

[i've sent you a PM]

[/ QUOTE ]

great looking car, I agree with RR, red edging strip on your rims would look great.

OMG candy white - had an old polo that was candy white - terrible colour back then. (M reg). Also they said they stopped making candy white and we couldn't get any touch up stick for it (S reg time).

Has it improved?

Even clean it didn't look very good - probably needed hours of waxing and polishing or whatever needs to be done.

Actually I should've said - OMG candy white - how did you get it looking so great.

Like the mods too - especially the tailpipe. Almost made me want an R32 when I saw one in the street until I realised i had no money.

I think modifying an ED30 defeats the point too.

ACtually - one question - does changing from 17" to 18" or 18" to 19" change much? I guess you get more grip from the bigger wheel size, but do you get a noticeably worse ride in terms of comfort and cabin noise?

• 3 weeks later...