Hello - 944 info desperately needed.

OPorker

Hi - I'm the FNG. And I could do with your help.

I recently bought what seems to be a pretty sound 1986 95,000 mile 944 2.5 Lux. Its lovely - its grunty and makes me smile. I am aware of some front suspension niggles with thee cars - anyone got any advice - stories to tell about this car? Greatly appreciated. jump.giflaugh.gifices_blah.gif <font color="brown"> </font>

Congratulations & welcome! beerchug.gif

I've had a 944, and found it to be a very enjoyable ride! Low maintenance and easy going, yet powerful enough to give you lots of pleasure. Never had any serious problems with it either. I'd join a Porsche club if I were you, may save you on parts & insurance and also provide you with some know how. If you check out the 9 series forum next door you may find a few more comments on the 944. cool.gif

It'd be nice if you'd post some pics, you can just upload them here! wink.gif

yeah,

you'll love it, i haven't had the 944 myself but

i've owned/own 4 924's (3 924 S'es and 1 924 turbo)

and i must say, i love them, the 924S has the same 2.5 engine as the 944, but the S is just a tiny bit faster (or same) cause it's got that smaller 924 bodyshell, on the other hand the 944 has got just abit more power in that 2.5l engine...so it's pretty much equal.

the design from porsche with the gearbox in the back and engine in the front and RWD works REALLY well.

I've taken my 924T and 924S (both trackcars) to the limits on handling and drifting them all the time and i must say i'm amazed. They are both really easy to handle on the limit!!!

VERY GOOD WORK PORSCHE

Both have been very low-maintenance so far...just make sure it's had a proper service at the local dealer, specially the belts need special care.the need to tighten them with a special porsche tool.

there's one other thing.

if for some reason your dash and the whole car starts shaking really bad on idle...and it goes away when you press the accelerator....

don't worry

that's just an enginemount gone bad...

happens all the time with these 924/944 models.

inexpensive to repair, but scares the [censored] out of you. (sounds expensive smashfreakB.gif)