Bagged A8

ant

Talking of wheels, the 17" wire wheels i bought a few months back looked a little small under the 8's gargantuan arches so i've upgraded to 20"

Only test fitted them yet.. due to the need for larger spacers/longer bolts and the amount of salt on the road.

26022008116.jpg

26022008117.jpg

23022008104.jpg

23022008112.jpg

23022008100.jpg

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As soon as the salt has gone they will be on the car and at the moment the car is being used daily.

My camper also comes out to play in the spring so the 8 won't be driven as much.

Just been awarded "pratical classics magazine restorer of the year" award for my bus too smile.gif

27022008122.jpg

_K3C7045-1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Still researching this! Just been in communication with Capt Obvious on the Audizine forum ( Slammed A4 ) and he pointed me to this site HPS . I emailed the company to ask if they did a solution for the pre facelift A/S8 and here is his answer.

Hi mike,

Thank you for asking hps

yes we have two highend options the competition series with following spec`s:

Specific Competition Series

Build by Stainless steel and forged T6 6061 Titanaluminium

Pillow upper mount/Uniball

HPS heavy duty racing airsprings

Adjustable in height with bottombracket

36 Times setup adjustable gas- shocks

Forged T6 aluminium brackets and crimprings

AMPA automatic mechanic progressive highspeed adjustable racing shock- type valves

Race proven

all wheel- geometry adjustable

Adjustable sway bar bracket

See picture in the attachment, price will be for suspension 2384 Euros, kit starting from 800Euros and shipment about 150Euros build time 8weeks

Competition_Sample.jpg

And the alternative to the competition series is the new superproserie, this is highend!! From racetrack to the street without missing comfortable.

Specific SuperProSeries… sport- racing airsuspension!

Build by INOX-Stainless steel

Pillowball uppermount/Uniball for certant vehicles

Own HPS heavy duty racing airsprings only

Compression and rebound seperate adjustable

Automatic speed-circle adjustment

AMPA automatic mechanic progressive highspeed adjustable racing shock- type valves

Gas Shock- expansion chamber

Forged T6 aluminium brackets and crimprings

Race proven

Made in swiss

SuperProSeries_compl_suspension_Kit.jpg

See picture in the attachment, price will be for suspension 2799Euros, kit starting from 800Euros‚ and shipment about 150Euros build time 4weeks

Detailed information on www.hps-airride.com

Some questions? Don’t hesitate to contact us again for any information you need.

Let me know what you like to do, we are glad to realise the order for you..

With kind regards, alex

And this is how it could look………. Drooool bowdown.gifheart.gif

Audi_A8S8.jpg

I’ve asked a load of technical questions which I’ll post his answers to when I get them.

Mike

I knew there must be more suppliers out there somewhere, certainly looks good kit mike, It say on the website that you have to have it installed by a authorized HPS dealer?

I found another company that would sell me a kit for a D2 but the problem was that i've got all the air management already so just need the struts/bags, this company were having non of it and wanted me to buy a complete set up off them. Ive got a feeling that HPS might be the same?

I would of ordered my kit from Hss(the company) buy now, but still waiting to sell the 17" wires for the funds.

Oh there are some more pics of that D2(and D3) on their site.... it does look nice smile.gif

Ant,

Those 20" wires you've got.

Yes the kit is expensive, but I read his reply as they would sell us the struts, the 'kit' I think is the comps and contols. I'll find out when they answer my e-mail.

While it is expensive, by the time I have got the kit from the states I will have speant 1.5 K (no comp / tank / controls) Kit + shipping + duty + VAT + handling. Then there will be all the fabrication and trial and error.

While pricey this would just bolt on! smile.gif

Mike

Thats it mike you got it!

c9ce_12.JPG

I've got a mate who was selling some 20", brand new no tyres fitted and the same as mine except they have gold nipples..... i think he wanted £450 for them, they were on ebay but not sure if they sold.

IMG_9636.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

i've had some redbands installed on my 20's and had the 356 rims for my camper banded at the same time. Not to everyones taste, i recon they will look 169144-ok.gif when fitted. which will be soon as gritter season is nearly over smile.gif

31032008212.jpg

31032008214.jpg

31032008222.jpg

31032008223.jpg