B**tards

steffiraf

Have just had a phone call from my dad to tell me that my uncle(who is more like a best mate as he's only 5 years older than me) is in hospital in intensive care. His condition is described as critical but stable.

Apparently, whilst out on a birthday do in Preston last night, he was set upon by a gang of youths.

Its a long tale, but the basic gist is that his friend and his wife had had a row with their 18yr old daughter whilst in the club. She had stormed out and Paul had gone outside to make sure she got safely into a taxi and home. She was talking to a youth outside who we believe to be her secret boyfriend. Secret because mum and dad seriously disapproved of him.

Paul had tried to get her to go home with him, and this lad and his mates didnt want her to go, so they battered him to within an inch of his life.

His face is black and swollen, he has a fractured skull and his brain is swollen to the point that they have had to drill into his head to let the pressure off. They say if he survives the next three days, they will try and bring him round to assess his level of likely brain damage. He is likely to lose his sight in one eye too.

I just cant believe it, Paul is the most laid back, non confrontational person i know, but from what witnesses have said, it was completely unprovoked. The incident was captured on cctv and the person responsible arrested this afternoon. That is as much as we know at this stage.

I see/hear this sort of thing every day, as most of you will know, but when it happens to someone you know and love very much, its shocking.

I feel so helpless, but there is nothing i can do from here.

Please cross everything you have for him, and pray to god he makes a full recovery. I'll keep you updated

Steph x

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fecking hell

[ QUOTE ]

Its a long tale, but the basic gist is that his friend and his wife had had a row with their 18yr old daughter whilst in the club. She had stormed out and Paul had gone outside to make sure she got safely into a taxi and home. She was talking to a youth outside who we believe to be her secret boyfriend. Secret because mum and dad seriously disapproved of him.

Paul had tried to get her to go home with him, and this lad and his mates didnt want her to go, so they battered him to within an inch of his life.

[/ QUOTE ]

From what you say the girl must be very, very proud of her self.

As a parent I have no idea how I'd handle my daughter being the catalyst of such a tragic event. I do hope her parents have frog marched her down to the police station and then on to the hospital to carry out a bedside vigil.

I have no doubts that the silly, stupid girl's behaviour started the boys off with the poor Paul- Why she couldn't have got between the lads and Paul tends to suggest that she was at a very minimum an agent provocateur.

Good that the CCTV caught it all, now make sure the silly girl doesn't show any loyalty to her b/f and mates, so the FULL force of the law can be thrown at the scum.

I'd also make sure that the silly little cow gets some serious punishment for her actions- have you got any relatives that live in Iraq?

Take care and may Paul recover quickly and without future problems 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Fecking hell

As a parent I have no idea how I'd handle my daughter being the catalyst of such a tragic event. I do hope her parents have frog marched her down to the police station and then on to the hospital to carry out a bedside vigil.

I have no doubts that the silly, stupid girl's behaviour started the boys off with the poor Paul- Why she couldn't have got between the lads and Paul tends to suggest that she was at a very minimum an agent provocateur.

Good that the CCTV caught it all, now make sure the silly girl doesn't show any loyalty to her b/f and mates, so the FULL force of the law can be thrown at the scum.

I'd also make sure that the silly little cow gets some serious punishment for her actions- have you got any relatives that live in Iraq?

[/ QUOTE ]

How you can say that the daughter is partly to blame from 1 post is beyond me. Don't you think the family is going through enough as it is without outsiders saying things like you have? confused.gif

Silly girl, stupid girl and silly little cow, you don't even know the full story ffs. ROLLEY~14.GIF

Well if I've got it wrong, then I offer my sincere apologises.

There's no fire without fuel and I've been in more than enough scraps caused by girl fuel to know when there's been some catalyst reagent reason.

Having re-read the 1st post am I wrong to think that? All things point to her not wanting to leave and wanting to stay with the secret b/f- So the b/f and his mates cop the hump and take it out on the guy trying to be the peacemaker between her and her parents.

So if she'd been a good kid, did what was asked, left quietly and with Paul the events that unfolded might not have happened- So, sorry I offer ever sympathy to Paul but as a parent I wouldn't be happy that her behaviour ended up being a cause of the violent and unprovoked (and seemingly undefended) attack that HER acquaintances carried out.

I offer my sympathies to all the affected members of the family, but don't expect to find those sympathies extended to the girl who was undoubtedly a catalyst.

Thanks everyone for your kind words.

I have no idea what's happened to the girl, I imagine she's not feeling very proud of herself. I just hope she tells the truth when she speaks to the police and it eventually comes to court(assuming she witnessed everything).

Like i say, we dont know the full story of what happened, but am confident that Paul would have tried to calm things down, I've never known him raise a hand to anyone. The madness of it all, is that he was trying to do the girl a favour and make sure she got home safely.

All i can gather so far, is that after she fell out with her parents(Pauls best mate and his wife) she stormed outside. Paul was ready for home anyway, and said he would see her home. He went outside, she was with this lad and his mates, and as he's tried to persuade her to go home with him, this lad has smacked him in the face. He went down, banging his head, and whilst he was on the floor the group have kicked the living daylights out of him. Where she was in all this, i dont know.

Anyway, whats done is done, and Paul is all that matters now. Yes i'm angry, very angry, but its up to the police now, to nail the lad responsible. I hope for once, they do it properly.

http://www.lep.co.uk/news?articleid=3070106

Such a horrid but unfortunately all too common occurence nowadays. Thoughts to all those involved, and that all those responsible are brought swiftly to harsh justice. Just hate the way this country's yob coulture is growing. Makes me fearful of bringing up children in this country.

Paul was taken to theatre at 6am this morning and is still there. They cant release the pressure on his brain with drugs, its just not working, so they are having to take some of his skull away to relieve it. He's very critical and its still touch and go, but they're doing all they can, so there's hope.

The police have charged the man responsible - http://www.lep.co.uk/news?articleid=3071757

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Fecking hell

[/ QUOTE ]

How you can say that the daughter is partly to blame from 1 post is beyond me. Don't you think the family is going through enough as it is without outsiders saying things like you have? confused.gif

Silly girl, stupid girl and silly little cow, you don't even know the full story ffs. ROLLEY~14.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

If you've been watching that bouncer fly on the wall thing on ITV recently, you'll know that 95% of fights are something to do with women.

God knows i've seen enough fights start because some stupid bint is mouthing off all over the place.

Lets just hope that he pulls through ok.