Exhaust Ends Mk V GTI

Ken1

Folks,

Due to a severe lack of cleaning my exhaust pipe ends are matt black and look terrible. Can they be replaced , are they a separate part to the actual exhaust pipe and if any one knows the part number or an alternative solution I would appreciate the help .

Cheers.

Another thing that I found useful when cleaning a rather neglected exhaust on my brothers Boxster was Mr Muscle Foaming Oven Cleaner. Spray a shed load on, leave it for a few hours then scrub off. Took a lot of the carbon off to the point where I could Autosol the rest 169144-ok.gif

Mine were a dirty sooty black and now they bright and shiney thanks to McGuire's metal cleaner smile.gif

Check out the attachment.

1203922-Exhaust.jpg

Also, here's a link to the original post...

http://www.tyresmoke.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/845512/page/0/fpart/1/vc/1

You'll probably need a good 30 mins or so of gentle rubbing action blush.gif Think it also adds a protective coating too.

post-7361-137914404714_thumb.jpg

You'll be suprised what you can do with the correct products. When i bought my gti 7 months old, im not sure the exhausts had ever been cleaned. I actually used some wirewool oven cleaner to cut through the build up of black and then rubbed them back a good 6 or so times with megs metal cleaner.

The results grin.gif

rear2.jpg

And the only before shot i have

5monthsago.jpg