Event Mobile tyres

DHA

Needed some new tyres fitted on the GP and didn't really fancy going the kwik-fit route so found Event Tyres who fit at your house/office wherever. All done in 45 minutes, guy was very exacting in his work and was happy to chat about the balancing of the wheels etc. Not too bad a price all in either.

Event Tyres homepage

Yep the etyres guy scratched all four of my alloys (not badly though) on the Audi a few weeks back when I swapped my tyres.

Used Event Tyres the week before for the tyres on my VX and absolutely no problem. Very good and I've seen them at a few track days recently, swapping tyres and balancing, etc.

I guess a lot of it is down to the individual fitter but I'll certainly be using Event Tyres in the future. 169144-ok.gif

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I used them a while ago based on some of these reviews and was not that impressed tbh.

Asked the guy several times to be careful with the wheels as they were mint. Although a cursory inspection by me before I signed off found nothing, later found some damage were he had levered on the rim to get the tyre off. Also said about not throwing my metal caps away, which to be fair he didnt on the front 2, few days later noticed the rears had plastic caps.

Obviously very much down to the individual fitter you get, but I thought the equipment in the van looked a bit tatty.

Since then been to STS Tyre Pros in East Grinstead and wow what a difference. New equipment and they used rim protectors etc and really took care. The mobile guy just wanted to get off to his next job I think.

Just had event round to do two tyres on the mini. Not as good service as before. The fitter was a different guy and didn't understand why he needed to use the jacking blocks on the mini (err because you will damage the car if you don't) and the concept of fitting new tyres to the front wheels then fitting them to the rear of the car was lost on him.

Will probably go somewhere else next time........

• 6 months later...
Anyone used these guys recently?

For the umpteenth time, what is the tyre of choice at the moment?:)

I only need new front tyres, am I ok to get a different brand for the front and leave the Dunlop Sport Maxx GT's on the back?

Yep, used them for the fourth time a couple of months ago, fitting 4 Falken F452's on the S3.

Great service and price as always, but I'm not sure which tyre is best for the A5.

Pilot Sports or Goodyears Asys........ or the Falkens, which have been bloody great for the past 6k miles.

+++

Used them again recently (only place I could get the tyres I wanted) but they were actually better than before. Different fitter compared to my poor experience in November, its clearly dependant on who fits the tyres.

PS2s have been changed to PS3s now I would guess there are the tyres of choice if you want cat **** to blanket type grip?