Audi A5 Grows Some Doors for Sportback Model

News_Stig

1206693-AudiA5Sportback-1.jpg

Did anyone else see this coming because I certainly didn't. An RS5 yep, a Cab yep, but a sportback a 4 door or is that 5 door Audi A5 erm No. Its seem that they are going to bring in more and more niche models to get extra sales with each new model.

Not sure I'm that keen on the looks, its great as a two door coupe but add the boot its shall we say lacking some how? Plus why would you go for this instead on an A6 or maybe the new A4 Estate when it arrives if extra space is what your after ?

BMW is adding an X6 soon thats going to be a cross between an Estate and a 4x4 I can see the appeal of that but a 5 door coupe... hold on a minute they are going after the sub Porsche Panemera market maybe ? But it doesn't look like a 5 door coupe not if the pictures are anything to go by it doesn't.

Engines will be as the A5 with some additions which may also end up in the A5. Mainly a new 204bhp 2.0 Diesel and a range of 4 pot engines ranging from 150 to 211bhp. Yes it will be avaliable as an S5 and it looks like an RS5 Sportback might be on the way as well.

Discussed in the Tyresmoke A5 forum here.

Thanks to RottenBend for the heads up.

Source CARMagazine

1206693-AudiA5Sportback-2.jpg

post-9278-137914404817_thumb.jpg