Good night Dad, sleep well.

Daz

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

As some of you will know my father was admitted to hospital in June and he had a triple heart bypass and new heart valve. He went through sheer hell with additional complications after the operation, firstly the heart dropped out of rhythm a week after the op and then he had a chest infection and then low sodium levels.

Last Saturday night, whilst still in Poole Hospital recuperating, he had another major heart attack caused by a suspected blood clot and as a result suffered brain damage. On Thursday afternoon we were advised that he was unfortunately brain dead and we took the decision to take him off life support. He passed away peacefully last night.

I'd like to thank all those here who've been so supportive to me throughout this difficult time. I'd also like to thank the staff at Southampton and Poole General hospitals especially those in the Intensive Care Units who've looked after him so superbly during his stays there.

RIP Dad frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Very sorry to hear your news Daz, I hope you and your family are coping during this difficult time.