Good night Dad, sleep well.

Daz

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really, really sorry Daz to hear your news.

As you said, you have your family around you and they are the single most important thing right now.

I hope you can give your Mum, sister and other members of the family all the support they need - you know that they will be reciprocating this support.

Take care and look after yourself. Everyone on TsN is with you 169144-ok.gif

....I think that the funeral will be a 'release' and bring you a sense of 'closure'. It's hopefully a time to celebrate his life and then move on into the peace of never ever forgetting him or stopping loving him for the rest of your life.

Never be afraid to cry if it gives you release. Nuff said from me!

Daz, I've just come across this thread, catching up after 3 weeks away from home.

I'm so sorry to hear of your sad loss - I know something of what you're going through. Back in 2000, my Dad fell during the night, broke his hip, and was taken into hospital. My mum rang me with the news in the morning. He was due to go into theatre fairly soon so much better, I thought, to visit later in the day. He never fully regained consciousness after the op and caught pneumonia. Four days later, we were advised that there was no hope of recovery and that we should agree to the withdrawal of life support.

What a difficult decision to make! I pleaded with the doctors to find some means of treating the pneumonia, even if it meant losing the use of his hip. The answer was 'No'.

I still have the two regrets to this day - first of all that I didn't visit before the op, and second that I feel, in some way, responsible for his death, having taken the joint decision to withdraw the life support.

You have my sympathies, Daz. I hope, like Robin, that you will make the funeral a celebration of his life, and that it will allow you all to begin to come to terms with your loss.

[ QUOTE ]

I still have the two regrets to this day - first of all that I didn't visit before the op, and second that I feel, in some way, responsible for his death, having taken the joint decision to withdraw the life support.

[/ QUOTE ]

....Very difficult as it is, you must never carry the burden of regret. You did what you believed to be for the best at the time and didn't make your decision lightly - That's all anyone can hope to do. And I feel that the same applies to Daz's decision.

• 3 weeks later...

Well the funeral went as well as an event such as that can go. And then yesterday we finally buried his ashes.

I'd like to thank all those who've sent me best wishes, I really appricate it. Also a very big thanks to all those who made donations to Wessex Heartbeat beerchug.gif

Also a big thank you to the Funeral directors, Nicholas O’Hara of Wimborne who have made such a difficult experience as painless as possible, I really can't thank them enough. notworthy.gif

I felt the same about the Funeral Directors who sent off my parents (within a couple of months of each other). They really can make all the difference. Invariably the healing does start now - Goodbyes have been said and there is a sense of closure. At the same time, your Dad will always be with you, Daz 169144-ok.gif.