Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sam_UK

Soon to be a RS4 Owner...Can't Wait....!!!

13 posts in this topic

My cousion has one...and i just simply fell in Love...with the car...

The only problem is that i currently own a 2002 M5...which i have just put up for sale...after calling a number of Audi dealers and then offering me piss poor money for it in Exchange!!....£8000 fekr.gif

Fingers crossed...The M5 will sell soon...so that i can get me a RS4...Looking to spend between £40K - £45K, have noticed there are afew around on a 06 plate..

Is there anything i need to look out for when i go to buy..?

Also any recomendations for insurance companies?

Thanks for any advise..

--Sam

things to look out for:

recent (beginning of 07) ECU update, apparently just helped cold start lumpiness

make sure it has tech pack (dvd satnav + 6cd changer + adaptive lights), this is the only must-have option

make sure it has the proper 19" RS wheels, RS4 steering wheel

I would say make sure it has the RS4 buckets but apparently some people with back problems don't get on with them so if you are similarly afflicted try them out first

[ QUOTE ]

I would say make sure it has the RS4 buckets but apparently some people with back problems don't get on with them so if you are similarly afflicted try them out first

[/ QUOTE ]

And I'd say avoid the RS4 buckets like the plague!

The RS4 buckets are a love-or-hate thing.

As Adam says you'll have to try them for yourself to see what works for you - don't get caught up in the hype and spends £££££££££££££££ on a car that's too uncomfortable for YOU to drive. At least one owner did that and had to spend over £6k PXing his RS4 for another one with the other seats...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bit of a harsh comment Dave. coffee.gif

I've got no problem with the bucket seats, and I've driven from Newcastle to Southampton a few times and had no problem with comfort on the bucket seats. If your a bit on the SPericani2.gif size then go for the recaros 169144-ok.gif

No probs with the buckets here either. Although my mum and sister hate getting in and out of them.

"I would say make sure it has the RS4 buckets but apparently some people with back problems don't get on with them so if you are similarly afflicted try them out first "

100% agree. For some people they are fine and for others the recaros are better. I went for the latter and have not regretted the decision for one minute 169144-ok.gif

Each to their own and make sure after a decent drive, not just a sit in the car.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bit of a harsh comment Dave. coffee.gif

I've got no problem with the bucket seats, and I've driven from Newcastle to Southampton a few times and had no problem with comfort on the bucket seats. If your a bit on the SPericani2.gif size then go for the recaros 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not large - 6ft tall, 13st - but for me the buckets were excruciatingly painful in my lower back and legs even on a 30 minute test drive. With the Recaros I've done 800 miles in a day in France without a hint of discomfort.

The other reason to avoid them is .... how does your "other half" get in the buckets while wearing a long evening dress? Can't be done...

Andy yelrotflmao.gif

You going to be at Windsor this month bud?

Ian

the wife loves them, due to my nagging she has mastered the out of getting in without sitting on the bolster, and says they are the best seats for comfort esp. when I am pressing on a bit

[ QUOTE ]

sit her in the back, LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

When she's driving (because I've had too many sherbets ....)?

[ QUOTE ]

Andy yelrotflmao.gif

You going to be at Windsor this month bud?

Ian

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure, as I have that week off sekret.gif

I agree with Dave, I much prefer the recaros and you dont get the bolster colapsing thing either. Tried both cars at lenght and IMO the Recaros are nicer although the buckets are more 'track day' hugging...