Boxing hopeful - Tyson Fury

Soulboy

I reckon that in years to come that this lad will be a household name.

And it is his real name, cause I was talking to his cousin at the gym last week.

I have seen him train and he is amazing for an 18 year old (18st and 6ft 8ins already!!!).

He is on the left here with Sugar Ray Leonard.

tyson2.jpg

• Like 1

To be fair, I don't think I'd argue with anyone there and I'm not exactly little.

I suppose the only problem the guy might have is the age old trade off between size and speed - go for the former and he might get to 20 stone+ UHOH7.GIF. Go for the latter and at his height it will probably be a very delicate balance between speed and being too skinny.

Don't get too excited.

Tyson Fury is well known in boxing circles - as someone with a big mouth and a record that doesn't quite back it up. He has questionable boxing skills to say the least.

David Price, an amateur, beat him 22-8 on points and roundly humiliated him with punch after punch going unreplied to. Price is by far the bigger talent, but Fury's deliberately chosen name gets him the media attention.

He's 19 now by the way, and let's be honest - you hear of most up and coming fighters in a bigger way by the time they're that age.

He's from a family of travellers (his Dad was a well known name and not a bad boxer as it happens) and there has been a lot of talk about him in the amateur ranks on other, boxing related, forums that I frequent. He actually said a lot before the Price fight - in a style akin to Floyd Mayweather, and was then made to look like a fool.

Then, in March this year, he was beaten 23-10 by a Ukrainian.

He beat a Hungarian (can't remember the name) back in May but then went to the European finals in Serbia (Amateurs still of course).

He got a bye in the first round, then hammered a Serbian in the the second and ended up facing the Ukranian who had previously beaten him - in the Semi final. This time he took the Ukranian apart and he only last 4 rounds. So it was all looking rosy?

He lost the final 23-11 against a Russian. Some questioned the points scoring but from what I read he just wasn't good enough.

So there is a lot of attention because of his name and size, but David Price makes him look what he is - okay and nothing more. Price is the name to watch, not Fury. 169144-ok.gif

• 11 months later...

I think you'll find tyson is a good friend of mine and isnt from a family of travellers at all! Hes from a family of gypsys and theres a difference... hes not a tinker, titch or pikey hes a gypsy. Thats if you understand what a gypsy is?? Is he a gypsy because he lives in a caravan? NO as he lives in a house is a posh area of manchester and the house looks like it should be on cribs so dont give me any of that ****.

Theres nothing wrong with gypsys there the same as anyone else!

Tyson is an amazing boxer and hes already getting his name around so watch out tinker!

I think you'll find tyson is a good friend of mine and isnt from a family of travellers at all! Hes from a family of gypsys and theres a difference... hes not a tinker, titch or pikey hes a gypsy. Thats if you understand what a gypsy is?? Is he a gypsy because he lives in a caravan? NO as he lives in a house is a posh area of manchester and the house looks like it should be on cribs so dont give me any of that ****.

Theres nothing wrong with gypsys there the same as anyone else!

Tyson is an amazing boxer and hes already getting his name around so watch out tinker!

What's your problem? :rolleyes: No one called him a tinker, titch or pikey, not til you mentioned it anyway.

Tyson was an amazing boxer, and he'd maul that mate of yours even now when he's long past his best (the real Tyson, that is). I particularly liked the Holyfield bouts for sheer entertainment value. ;)

yeah one and only post because tyson gets alot of **** for being a gypsy when it comes down to boxing ... the only reason he wont be fightin in the olympics is becuase hes a gypsy and its racist and pisses us all off!

hes an amazing boxer just like his dad, brother and cousins.

yeah one and only post because tyson gets alot of **** for being a gypsy when it comes down to boxing ... the only reason he wont be fightin in the olympics is becuase hes a gypsy and its racist and pisses us all off!

No one was giving him any carp on here for being a gypsy (traveller, whatever). His boxing talents were being discussed with a neutral view from all sides, until you barged in chucking your lip about because you've got a chip on your shoulder for some reason. If you want to have a go at the people responsible for him not being at the Olympics, then take it up with them, but this isn't the place.

Although I'm tempted to say the only person responsible for him not fighting at the Olympics is Luke himself, but realistically I think it's because Price is just a better prospect. Anyway, now that he's turned Pro, I hope we'll see a bit more of him on the screens, so we can make a more reasoned judgement. I believe his first pro fight is to be in September, fighting on the Alex Arthur - Nicky Cook undercard. Pro boxing is quite different to Amateur so I'll be watching with interest.

Why don't you comment on the other things in that other thread, do you have a big chip on your shoulder or something. :coffee:

• 3 years later...
Don't get too excited.

Tyson Fury is well known in boxing circles - as someone with a big mouth and a record that doesn't quite back it up. He has questionable boxing skills to say the least.

169144-ok.gif

I'm failing to see your point MrMe. Granted not the best boxer in the world but he is the current British Champion and won last night. Would you be so kind to post his current pro record for us.

IMHO this is the level David Haye needs to be fighting at to earn his shot at Vitali. He needs to walk the walk to back up all the talk. Haye is just as bad as Mayweather and is a money making machine. If he spent more time training for his previous fight rather than trying to sell as many Apps as possible he may have given a better account of himself, not quite to the level you predicted but maybe he could have won a couple of rounds.

I really have no recollection whatsoever of starting this thread.

And I never read any of the replies, as it was posted on the weekend we had the robbery and I was more occupied with other things for a while.

And I was right about him starting to become a household name.

Edited by Soulboy

I'm failing to see your point MrMe. Granted not the best boxer in the world but he is the current British Champion and won last night. Would you be so kind to post his current pro record for us.

It's not difficult Billy, even you should manage.:grin:

The point being that you and I and everyone else knows he is a chump. Plain and simple, and you don't need me to explain that to you - surely?

IMHO this is the level David Haye needs to be fighting at to earn his shot at Vitali. He needs to walk the walk to back up all the talk. Haye is just as bad as Mayweather and is a money making machine. If he spent more time training for his previous fight rather than trying to sell as many Apps as possible he may have given a better account of himself, not quite to the level you predicted but maybe he could have won a couple of rounds.

Eh? So he beats Valuev fair and square, then he beats John Ruiz, then he has a **** performance against Wladimir - and now you think he's at the level of Fury.

That's a joke and you might as well just say you'll say black is white if I say the opposite, cos' you're talking bollocks and you know it.

MrMe of course I new you were calling Fury a thump (i also agree on this fact). My questioning your post was the fact I didn't understand why you brought an old thread back from the dead. The only reason I could see was that after making some awful predictions recently you felt you needed to redeem yourself with a famous MrMe I told you so, I was right.

If it wasn't for that reason then like I said before, I'm struggling to understand why.

It could still be debated if in fact you are even correct considering his pro record which you seem to have chosen to ignore.

My comments regarding Haye were because I really honestly believe he needs to prove himself in the heavyweight division. Valuev was just a huge freak of nature and not a fighter and Ruiz was at best a journey man right at the end of his career.

Like the Klits said, Haye got his title match through running his mouth. Look at what happened and surely even you couldn't argue he deserves another shot, YET.

If Vitali does give him an opportunity its because he wants to hurt Haye because of all the disrespectful comments Haye made pre Vlad fight.

I know you are a big Haye fan but surely you can see he doesn't deserve another go. I said before I think you get caught up in all his hype. You were adamant he would win last time and you were adamant that he would retire as you believed he was a man of his word.

Look what happened on both counts. Don't get sucked in by this money grabbing twunt because his word, his promises and his reputation all come a distant second to hid eye for the cash.

MrMe of course I new you were calling Fury a thump (i also agree on this fact). My questioning your post was the fact I didn't understand why you brought an old thread back from the dead. The only reason I could see was that after making some awful predictions recently you felt you needed to redeem yourself with a famous MrMe I told you so, I was right.

Billy...oh Billy....:roflmao:

You know, call me a cynic, but I'm really starting to get the impression you don't like me.:roflmao:

Take up knitting, apparently it calms the nerves.

It could still be debated if in fact you are even correct considering his pro record which you seem to have chosen to ignore.

I have chosen to ignore it because his professional record has the sum total of zero names of any consequence whatsoever on it - and then there is the 'win' against McDermott that everyone else saw as a loss and was so bad that a rematch was pretty much 'demanded'.

My comments regarding Haye were because I really honestly believe he needs to prove himself in the heavyweight division. Valuev was just a huge freak of nature and not a fighter and Ruiz was at best a journey man right at the end of his career.

Like the Klits said, Haye got his title match through running his mouth. Look at what happened and surely even you couldn't argue he deserves another shot, YET.

If Vitali does give him an opportunity its because he wants to hurt Haye because of all the disrespectful comments Haye made pre Vlad fight.

I know you are a big Haye fan but surely you can see he doesn't deserve another go. I said before I think you get caught up in all his hype. You were adamant he would win last time and you were adamant that he would retire as you believed he was a man of his word.

Look what happened on both counts. Don't get sucked in by this money grabbing twunt because his word, his promises and his reputation all come a distant second to hid eye for the cash.

So who else deserves a shot? Take a look at the fighters out there and you won't find any that merit one more than he does - which says a lot about the state of the division, I know.

I'm not a big fan of Haye. I'm a big fan of boxing. If you actually read what I write instead of selectively pick out the pieces that get your nerves jittering and your temper heating up a little, you'd see that I recently said I wish he'd just shut up and if he's going to take Vitali on that he does so without shooting his mouth off.

Believe me, it'll take more than Mr Haye's diatribe for me to 'get sucked in', but thanks for that little snippet of advice from the Billy Encyclopedia of Life. :grin:

Now, before you soil another nappy in temper, may I suggest you go searching for another members posts and find something to write afresh instead of your now frankly VERY boring responses to whatever I write? You're a bit like that fly that buzzes around now and again, you don't know quite where it comes from but it won't go away. Bzzzz, bzzzz, bzzzzzzz.

I must dash though and go away to be caught up in more of the hype that you've told me I am. Again, thanks for that.+++

Anyway, let's not forget I'm just a "fat lazy northerner with a loud mouth" (loose quotation) apparently (I'd look your quote up directly but I have a few things to do now) so why even bother reading my posts. Just put me on ignore or whatever it is. I'd like you to do that actually because I'd hate to think I might be responsible for an impending cardiac arrest each time you see my name appear. So go on, hit that button and you'll live a happy life instead of the seemingly MrMe-Complex one that you appear to be so engrossed in.:grin:

I'm sorry you feel I am deliberately trying to pick on you and your views, I can see that it may come across that way and have purposely not commented in other threads for fear of coming across that way.

The truth is we share very different views on most (not all as I agree with some of your posts) things and can honestly say we are complete opposites (I am a healthy fit southerner for example).

As for billys encyclopaedia of life I feel that's a bit unfair and never claim to know it all or suggest I am always right which is a bit ironic coming from your good self.

This all started because I didn't understand why this very old thread was brought back to life and instead of an explanation you replied in your usual 5000 words without actually answering the question.

Correct. I for example still refuse to get down to personal insults about someone I've never met and don't know a great deal about.

Your standards are lower. Speaks volumes.

Right, Billy - pack it in with the personal remarks. Chris - stop provoking him. Thank you both +++

When's children in need? Could raise a few TSN bucks for a good cause.

Not dragging this out and already decided not to reply before Mooks request but MrMe talking about personal insults was from months ago about something else which for some reason decided to drag up here.

Billy - I'm not asking twice.