02 tdi auto problems

ed714

HI sorry my first post is a question iamwithstupid.gif

I have question on behalf of my father which I hope someone can help. He has an 02 Passat saloon tdi 130 auto, which has recently been leaking into the footwells. He cleared out the drainholes as described in the guide but now the transmission is playing up. It has only been happenning for 2 days so far. At times all the lights behind P, D, R etc.. come on

Also it hesitates to shift into drive and when it does, with a hard clunk. The tiptronic mode is also not working. Apart from this once moving it is fine in drive. So far we both think this indicates an electrical fault possibly related to the water leak.

A trusted mechanic he spoke to said not to drive it to risk any more damage whereas a VW garage he has booked it into in 2 weeks (earliest they could do) said damage is done and its know risk driving it further.

Does anyone know of simular issues?

Thanks Ed

Sorry to hear of your problems.

Have no knowledge of auto/tiptronic but recall reading here that water into passenger footwell causes lots of problems with various electrical units beneath front passenger carpet including modules that affect alarm/windows/central locking/auto box etc. Important that all water is removed and the area including carpets are completely dried out to prevent corrosion of contacts.

Check out previous postings covering these issues.