DSG or Manual?????

Lee551247

Lee, I suggest you do a bot of searchings its been discussed here a fair bit.

I think the summary is that there are people that like and dont like each, in my case I love DSG and would not want to go back to Manual. I find the DSG is amazing and slick.

Drive both and decide from there.

Until I drove a DSG car (a GTI) I thought DSG was just another auto box but I was proved very wrong. I did back to back test drives in a DSG and manual R32 and ordered a shiny new on wtih DSG.

It's a great system I think, you can be lazy and leave it in D or have a very involving drive with the paddles.

BS I thought i'd tee that one up for some incomming ! grin.gif

DSG drives me nuts when going slow around town but head out of the city limits, turn off the nanny state, slip into sauce mode and paddle! It's the best fun you can have sitting down with your clothes on ! laugh.gif

yeah, I'm with you on that. "S" mode would be OK on really big, long, open roads - not like in the UK smile.gif By the time you've really extended the car in a couple of gears you've usually run out of road.

Manual mode is brilliant, I'd challenge anyone to make manual changes as quickly or match revs so exactly *every* time.

I love the combo of DSG, AWD and the V6 working together. Makes it feel like a really complete technology package.

[ QUOTE ]

Why avoid S mode?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because as others have stated it is a bit frantic for UK roads, and I personally think it revs too high before changing gear (my car only has 3000 mls on the clock so I don't want to redline it too much), but more that I feel it is revving high out of the main powerband, and it is quicker to shift up to make better 'progress' grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Why avoid S mode?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because as others have stated it is a bit frantic for UK roads, and I personally think it revs too high before changing gear (my car only has 3000 mls on the clock so I don't want to redline it too much), but more that I feel it is revving high out of the main powerband, and it is quicker to shift up to make better 'progress' grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree but you can stlll pull a paddle at anypoint and you get the beneift of bliped down changes and swift upshifts.But if it;s a while between bends and you are not nailing it it doesn't really work grin.gif

It's just a same it's so frustrating at slow speed around town. I understand why but it still drives me nuts sportifs2.gif

I wont use the obvious euphemism but lets just say when it's good it's fantasic 169144-ok.gif but when it's not it drives me nuts fekr.gif