New car advice

MUPPETRY

My GTI is coming up to 3 yrs old at the end of the year, still love it. I've been tempted by the new TT, but after being totally ignored by a bunch of ignorant salesmen in the Audi garage, so incensed, they can stuff it !! I'm torn between going for the Ed30 if I can get one, or another GTI. Also thinking of getting the DSG. Finally is the Sat Nav worth it, or should I look at fitting one after??? Questions Questions Questions !!!

I fitted an aftermarket double din sat nav (Kenwood 7200).

It fits very neatly into the dash and looks very OEM - which was important to me. I've added loads of points of interest via the sd slot plus camera databases. It's basically Garmin powered.

I'd go for an Ed 30 if you can get one - extra power and half leather nice smile.gif

I still prefer the looks of the standard GTI. To me the Ed30 can look a bit 'aftermarket ish'.

I know what you mean about Audi dealers, i was looking at the A3 with 2.0TFsi engine and asked for a test drive in one, the salesman told me he didn't have one but the TDi was the same car so i should test drive that instead ooo.giffrown.gif

They don't seem intersted unless you walk in and tell them your looking for a fleet of company cars.

I've got the Alpine double din unit with seperate SatNav and it's been faultless, direct connection for my Ipod, plays DVD's, TV and reverse camara if you want those toys as well. You'll get a lot more for your money if you go aftermarket.

The OEM satnav is OK, unless you can get the new touchscreen version with the 30gb disc with it then dont bother, you can get the current one from ebay and fit it yourself with ease for about 400 quid like I did...

I very much like the Ed30, go for it, touch extra power too which is nice smile.gif

I will have to agree with TT, get the Kenwood! (I've got one) wink.gif or another after market one, far better value for money IMO. The TT is a gorgeous car, a friend at work has just bought one (2.0 standard, no DSG) and I loved it, the quality of the interior is also top drawer. I love the ED30 but I wouldn't let some sales guy put you off trying the TT 169144-ok.gif

TT, could you please let me know how to add speed camera updates? I'm buying an SD card today so I can give it a go. Cheers

[ QUOTE ]

Guys these both look stunning but what do you do security wise, i'd be worried of them getting stolen???

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers 169144-ok.gif I can't speak for RR but the Kenwood 'just sits there' in the dash. I'm not saying I'm not worried about someone having a go but the unit is something I really wanted, so why not? I added the bluetooth and ipod connectivity, it works superbly well. I got the bug when buying the Kenwood and changed the speakers as well as adding a sub and a couple of amps wink.gif

....Lucky U. I've only seen The Purple One twice and some time ago notworthy.gif. He had Sheila E on drums and Cat cavorting on stage notworthy.gif. Pure genius - Plays funk, rock, ballad, jazz, rap, he does it all, and puts on a great show doing it. Awesome guitarist too. I'm now going to play "Dear Mr. Man" from Musicology - Great bass part. Is he still as good as he used to be?

169144-ok.gif

Well I took out a GTI with DSG, the garage just let me have the car for the day.... loved it, felt really rapid... then took out a manual Ed30, also fab car to drive. Made my mind up, went for a red Ed 30 with DSG, last one the garage are getting. So I'll be selling my black GTI later in the year !! Really excited !!

[ QUOTE ]

Well I took out a GTI with DSG, the garage just let me have the car for the day.... loved it, felt really rapid... then took out a manual Ed30, also fab car to drive. Made my mind up, went for a red Ed 30 with DSG, last one the garage are getting. So I'll be selling my black GTI later in the year !! Really excited !!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good for you 169144-ok.gif Have they given you a estimated time for delivery? Must admit, I wasn't that keen on the red ED30 from the pictures, but I saw my first ED30 (and it was a red one) a few weeks ago and it looked superb cool.gif