Help me locate a MK5 Golf GTI !!

sharman

A mate of mine has been looking for this exact car for a month or so. You really do have to be on the ball right now. We left it a couple of days to mull it over only to call back to find the car had gone.

Finally, one came on last Friday in Southampton. We went at 6.30am on the Sat and bought it and drove it back. Spec was 2005 05 BMP 3dr. 18s , leather, manual, xenons, 35k. Nice clean car, no dents but the usual light scratches you get with black. We agreed on £15,250. As we were there, the phone was red hot. I know its a widely used trick but four calls after we'd bought the car !

So, be quick when you see one !

Chris.

I actually test drove a 05 gti with DSG and 18" monzas at Perrys(Vauxhall) Huddersfield. The car was £14K with 42K miles. Misled about condition though, it was rough and abused. Currently checking pistonheads, autotrader and volkswagen twice daily, driving the wife crazy!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

I actually test drove a 05 gti with DSG and 18" monzas at Perrys(Vauxhall) Huddersfield. The car was £14K with 42K miles. Misled about condition though, it was rough and abused. Currently checking pistonheads, autotrader and volkswagen twice daily, driving the wife crazy!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi,

I know what you mean, I searched and searched and searched every day and night, could not find one over a 3 month period, I ended up importing one in.

good luck with the search, try autotrader.com its got a lot of gti's mkv on the site and no its not the famous autotrader.co.uk not many dsg though , sorry

Good luck you will need it.

169144-ok.gif

You'll pay for a good one with average miles. My june 05 with a few options was valued at £15,000 a couple of weeks back as part ex at a dealer, said i should be looking for closer to £16,000 for a private sale. Done 21,000 miles and looks brand new. You might find a couple in your price bracket but no doubt condition and mileage will be a problem/compromise