Now they tell me my car does need the s/w recall??

winrya

Had cruise control fitted today and while it was in they did the software recall. I was slightly shocked because when it was serviced a few months back (at a different dealer), there was nothing outstanding for my car. Is this the same recall discussed over the past few months or a new one?

Anyway car feels the same so no harm done.

Cruise was £150 all in and it is nice to have it again. I know some of you guys hate it but i love the stress it takes out of driving, especially on the motorway where i can just set the speed and relax. I find the gti isnt the easiest car to stay at legal speeds in grin.gif

If it was the software update (version 24k6) it probably was the update thats been discussed, as you say, over the last few months. Incidentally if anyone has electric folding mirrors which play up on odd occasions this update seems to have corrected it for me ?

Glad you have 'Cruise' back.

I would miss having this on a car nowadays as its a useful 'toy' on occasions.

[ QUOTE ]

If it was the software update (version 24k6) it probably was the update thats been discussed, as you say, over the last few months. Incidentally if anyone has electric folding mirrors which play up on odd occasions this update seems to have corrected it for me ?

The cruise control is great for the average speed camera, just set it and relax

Glad you have 'Cruise' back.

I would miss having this on a car nowadays as its a useful 'toy' on occasions.

[/ QUOTE ] 169144-ok.gif