My new 135i Coupe

fatcat

After a bit of dithering I have decided to head back to the BMW camp.

We first set out to buy an S3 and as there was little to compete with the Audi I thought it was a clear cut deal.

Then the 135i came to my attention, and the thought of rear wheel drive + 303bhp made me switch my mind, also the coupe looks rather good (the marmite factor, you love it or you hate it).

So last Friday we stuck £1000 down for a production slot and on Saturday we spec'd the car up - but this will almost certainly change a little in the coming weeks/days - delivery is guestimated at early Jan 2008.

Black Sapphire of Sparkling Graphite

Full Boston black leather

Folding mirrors

Park assistance

Xenons

Adaptive headlights

Professional sat nav

Front seat heating

MP3/iPod connector

Electric front seats

Bluetooth phone connection.

Front arm rest.

.... er, thats about it.

beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I like these, how does it compare price wise to the S3. I will see if it is on the configurator.

AZ

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't ask crazy.gif

The BMW configurator is not working via t'net - only from your stealer.

We have changed the spec' (already....) and we are bottoming out at £36,055.00............ blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I like these, how does it compare price wise to the S3. I will see if it is on the configurator.

AZ

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't ask crazy.gif

The BMW configurator is not working via t'net - only from your stealer.

We have changed the spec' (already....) and we are bottoming out at £36,055.00............ blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

FC, you could get a delivey milage RB320 for less than that (not that I would have one).

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Pete great choice! Would be incredible with a re-map and Ive hear BMW didn't use silly 1 pot brakes this time! 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers Sam, BMW have upgraded the brakes on this model, so I think they may have been listioning......... 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Im sure I read somewhere the brakes are supposed to be better than those on the new M3...

Pete, having defected to BMW recently for a while I don't think you'll be disappointed with the car! 169144-ok.gif

That will be a cracking engine - I adore the sound of my 3 litres although I've spent the weekend tracking down 2 really annoying rattles in the boot - (loose bits under plastic trim) but I guess that can happen on any car (the TT had some velcro fixes!!)

I'm not yet sure on the looks of the coupe - I can't wait to see one though as I reckon it will actually be a real grower. 169144-ok.gif

And Black sapphire - the BEST colour. grin.gif

Sounds awesome mate.

Considering the remaps are now at 380bhp and a 0-60mpg of 4.4 seconds on the 335i a tuned 135i is going to be one of the fastest cars on the road!

The car already handles like dream, so combined with that sort of power it will be surreal.

£36k when you look at it like that sounds like an absolute bargin!! 169144-ok.gif

Full revised spec as follows:

ZE39 E82 135i M Sport N54

475 Black Sapphire

LWD1 Leather Boston Coral Red

Options

2MR Double spoke style 261M 7.5J/8.5Jx18

313 Elec Fold Exterior Mirrors

459 Elec Fr Seats + Driver Memory

494 Front Seat Heating

502 Headlamp Washer System

508 Park Distance Control

522 Xenon Headlamps

609 Navigation−system Professional

612 BMW ConnectedDrive−Assist

616 BMW ConnectedDrive−Online

620 Voice Control System

633 Bluetooth phone prep + telematics

6FL USB/audio interface

710 M Steering Wheel

760 High Gloss Shadow Line

775 Anthracite Headlining

Launch date is the 24th November..

beerchug.gif

Ben, I'm sure the looks of the coupe will win over people, the interior is often overlooked as people pass by the current car shape.

To fully appreciate the engine, you need to test drive the current 335i - after driving that thing, you can only imagine what it will be like in the 135i blush.gif

Meanwhile - the Mini keeps us going mad.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Configurator launched on the BMW website today.

Your car is going to look very nice Fatcat notworthy.gif

I'm just praying for some good contract hire rates on either the 135i or the 123D for when my hatch goes back in 6 months 169144-ok.gif but I can't believe that Xenons are an option on the 135i, seeing as a basic 3 series coupe gets them.