Just sat in and seen the new M3

fatcat

At my local stealers in Colchester, went there earlier today to finalise our order for the new 135i coupe and the nice lady at the dealership took me around the back (!) and showed me the new M3 - lovely indeed.

This one was a flat reddish colour, but the twin vents on the bonnets really showed the car off, it's lines and overall package (visually) was perfect.

It also had a nice rear 169144-ok.gif

My only negative comment would be the detail of the M3 badge on the front wings, then again the aerodynamic detail of the door mirrors was spot on.

We will not be the launch next week, but have booked a test drive for 3 weeks time. 169144-ok.gif169144-ok.gif

Too much new (for us anyway) but a great bargain in 2 years time when we come to get rid of the 135i coupe........ notworthy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

What was the interior like Pete? I hear mixed opinions on this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite 'busy' but oh so very purposeful.

Not quite sure of the 'i drive' knob, seems to detract the driver away from why he bought the M3 in the first place, with the central console it seems you are feet away from your passenger, not quite sure about that either.

Seats are fantastic.

The shape ooozes power and it's stance is awesome, the wheels are from the outgoing M3 but without the black detail.

I want one (in time, in time). notworthy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

At my local stealers in Colchester

[/ QUOTE ]

Fatcat - looking at your motoring history you must spend as much time frequenting certain stealers on Ipswich Road as I seem to do!

As it happens I need to visit the BMW stealer on saturday to finalise a few things for the missus' new 335d Touring (if the wife asks, I had no idea it was the M3 launch this weekend and it is just pure coincidence sekret.gif). Would be rude not to check out the M3 while I'm there though ECLIPSe.gif. So I suspect my 335i coupe's days may be numbered.

Yup, Porsche and BMW (and the odd purchase from VW) have all seen me in very recent years......

Last year my brother and I popped into the Porsche dealer - I bought the Porsche..... my brother bought a Continental GT crazy.gif

If you do pop into CooperBMW (I thought it was NeepBMW - but there you go) say hello to Cheryl for me (Peter rather than fc), she is my contact at the dealer for my new car.

The M3 really is that good beerchug.gif

I had a Boxster S then 997 C2S from OPC Colchester. 997 had to go frown.gif when our daughter arrived last year, replaced by the 335i coupe (p/xed with an E90 325i we also had at the time) and an Audi Q7. Q7 wasn't my cup of tea - too SPericani2.gif, hence the soon to arrive 335d Touring.

I usually deal with Darren, but I'll say hi to Cheryl if she'll do me a good deal on the M3!

Pre launch in some dealers tomorrow night (strictly for customers who have paid their money) with the proper launch on Saturday 8th Sep.

I'm going to the launch on Saturday. My mate works at the local dealer and had his first drive in the new M3 today, he said it would eat up and sh1t out the E46 M3....he claims it's a totally different animal to the outgoing model, and easier to drive in comparison.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Im going to the launch Sat to if I can. Tied to book in a half day test drive the following week but have had no reply just yet! grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My pal gets his next week and he's offered me the loan of it for a weekend, I'll do a wee review after. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect. Look forward to hearing how it compares to the CSL mostly! 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Im going to the launch Sat to if I can. Tied to book in a half day test drive the following week but have had no reply just yet! grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My pal gets his next week and he's offered me the loan of it for a weekend, I'll do a wee review after. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Is he going to have a weekend of your CSL then? grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lucky bastard! grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lucky bastard! grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, he'll have the CSL.....doubt he'll drive it with a new Gallardo and E60 M5 on his drive. mad.gif

walked past my local showroom yesterday on my way to the bank. They had a new E92 M3 sat proud of place in the middle of the showroom.

my initial thoughts as i walked past were that it looks nice from the side but it all went horribly wrong when i looked at the back. Its as if the exhaust was a pure afterthought! The car i was looking at was black and the shiney new quad pipes came out of the rear bumper as usual but you can see a good 4-6 inches of the rear silencer box hanging out down below the line of the bumper and my eye was instantly drawn to it even on a cursory glance at the car.

Is this normal or was this car missing some sort of rear diffuser that hides all of this bright shiney metalwork?

Went to Park Lane BMW to have a look. They had a red one with a list of £57k and a blk one, didnt see the price. Was a very very nice car and wasnt prepared for that. The interior was spot on in my opinion and of a very good quality. In fact I preferred it to the RS4's. I couldn't find one thing about the car I didnt like. Not 1! Do I wait for the CSL or get this.... crazy.gif

Saw one at Warwick this morning:

I liked the seats A LOT - the build, comfort, quality and general design of them is amazing. The door inserts and overall design is also beautiful, as is the dash detailing. The carbon roof is a work of art but on a dark car it blends in to near invisibility. Until you look and then it is WOW. Externally it looks pretty stealthlike and understated IMO, the wheels are similar to the current M3 wheels but suit the car and the brakes look very smart.

I didn't like the huge shiny idrive button that will get scratched by your watch as soon as you chage gear. I don't like the nav cowling on the dash but maybe when it is working it integrates more effectively, and the steering wheel seemed to have buttons on it that were too small.

Interesting rear unit with cup holders and storage that divides the two rear seat places - it seemed to stand out a lot on a car with a paler interior but overall it works well.

Overall - I prefer the interior on the RS4 if I'm honest but I prefer the seats and doors on the new M3. No idea on the drive as I have only driven an RS4 for about 5 miles and probably won't be getting a go in the new M3 at the moment!! grin.gif

Saw the black one this morning and I must say it looks fantastic now it's all cleaned up. The arches, bonnet bulge and grills look great, I was expecting black to hide it.

Nice seats I agree, idrive knob looks huge! Unfortunately no keys, would have loved to hear it!

I think my son preferred the sun visors in the M5 (he's 2) and suprisingly he didn't break anything grin.gif