hooray!!! passat tdi engine vibration solved

WOK2

hi

thanks to all for replies.

this morning i got so pi***** off with the problem that i decided to have the car booked in to a local mechanic and let him have a field day expecting a huge bill at the end of the day.

He called me 45 mins later and said he found the problem to be a pipe which connects to the turbo in which the seal breaks due to turbo pressure causing the juddering/vibration.

VERY COMMON ON TURBO DIESEL 130 !!!!!!!!!!!

At first when i calle dhim he said straight away its the FLYWHEEL and it needs to be changed( expensive), but when i informed him that i had a clutch and flywheel done from him in january and i was under warranty he changed his tune and mind and said @cant be that.

im letting you guys know as that would of been an unnecessary change, and so for any problems next time for anyone if vibration between 800 and 1500 revs have the turbo pipe checked and air flow pipes they seem to have little vibration also.

treatment: new seal (well he said he has)

cost: priceless (a pat on the back and im gone) i spent 700 with him in january do u think i need to pay for a seal to be fitted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jump.gif

• 5 years later...
hi

thanks to all for replies.

this morning i got so pi***** off with the problem that i decided to have the car booked in to a local mechanic and let him have a field day expecting a huge bill at the end of the day.

He called me 45 mins later and said he found the problem to be a pipe which connects to the turbo in which the seal breaks due to turbo pressure causing the juddering/vibration.

VERY COMMON ON TURBO DIESEL 130 !!!!!!!!!!!

At first when i calle dhim he said straight away its the FLYWHEEL and it needs to be changed( expensive), but when i informed him that i had a clutch and flywheel done from him in january and i was under warranty he changed his tune and mind and said @cant be that.

im letting you guys know as that would of been an unnecessary change, and so for any problems next time for anyone if vibration between 800 and 1500 revs have the turbo pipe checked and air flow pipes they seem to have little vibration also.

treatment: new seal (well he said he has)

cost: priceless (a pat on the back and im gone) i spent 700 with him in january do u think i need to pay for a seal to be fitted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jump.gif

i have the same issue with my car ( VW Golf MK5 TDI,2005, BKC Engine)Any advice greatly appreciated. A picture of the pipe will be even better or at least which pipe are u referring too.cheers