Todays interesting find.... Pre wiring...

IT_S8

Up until a few days ago I would have bet some serious money that an A8 only ever came wired for the spec it was ordered with. I was just proven wrong (annoyingly)

We've now found two cars, Pre facelift that are prewired completely for the rear electric seats, rear seat heating and blinds, including wiring to the switches, seats and even fuses present in the boot for it all !

Sadly doesnt seem to be the case for pre facelift S8's or anything facelift, just the earlier A8's....

Just in case anyone ever fancied some more spec....

Electric and /or heated rear seats should plug straight in.. Problem is, iirc you have black sport interior, and we are out of high spec rear black sport seats !

Oh, you should have prewiring for towbar as well, the 13 pin socket will be tucked away under the boot trim...

[ QUOTE ]

Hmm, I could do with a rear blind, and third eye brake light, and a couple of spare foglight switches for *ahem* 'additional' lights...

[/ QUOTE ]

Need to know what colour interior you have for the blind, as the parcel shelf is all colour coded to the seats, carpet and lower half cabin trim..

Spare switches we have galore, check out ebay shop @ www.a8parts.co.uk We'll sort something out with the postage if you buy more than 1 169144-ok.gif

Any feedback on the store greatfully received as its early days and still having lots of fun automating things beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

How much for rear electric seats in beige leather? Could be a nice little retro to accompany my electric fronts!

PM me with a price if you could please.

Dan

[/ QUOTE ]

You keeping her then Dan ?.... 169144-ok.gif

Cant recall (seen a lot of 8's) - Do you have sport seats or not in that one... ?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Hmm, I could do with a rear blind, and third eye brake light, and a couple of spare foglight switches for *ahem* 'additional' lights...

[/ QUOTE ]

Need to know what colour interior you have for the blind, as the parcel shelf is all colour coded to the seats, carpet and lower half cabin trim..

[/ QUOTE ]

Light grey! I wish I could afford to do a colour change to black or cream though...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Light grey! I wish I could afford to do a colour change to black or cream though...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I have at least 3 full black interiors, one of which is a really nice clean sport interior. We've not got any grey at all, so might be interested in giving you a bit for your old stuff..

[ QUOTE ]

I have bolster wear on the drivers front seat, and what appears to be baby sick burns on the rear bench.

If I did a colour change, I'd have to replace all the B and C pillar covers, carpet, sill covers, glove box cover, underdash cover, seems like it will add up to ££££!

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont forget the drivers foot rest, arm rests, seat belts, floor mats, door cards 169144-ok.gif

We'd be looking £500 + your old stuff for a full black sports int....

[ QUOTE ]

Not as wallet crunching as first thought.

How quick are you at stripping interiors? Guessing it'll be a day at your unit switching all the stuff over.

Does the price include a hand with spanner wrenching? wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that much spannering...., more cross head screws. a couple of 10mm nylon nuts hold the drivers foot rest in, and an alley key for the armrests... Seat belts are all 17mm bolts, parcel shelf is a few bolts underneath...

Its a good days worth of effort, but Im happy to get involved as its useful for us to have done one, plus I'd quite like some grey parts in stock, even if some bits are tired...

If you're interested, send us a few piccies of your current interior to [email protected] and we'll get you some photos back of the black sports interior we have.... 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

How much for rear electric seats in beige leather? Could be a nice little retro to accompany my electric fronts!

PM me with a price if you could please.

Dan

[/ QUOTE ]

You keeping her then Dan ?.... 169144-ok.gif

Cant recall (seen a lot of 8's) - Do you have sport seats or not in that one... ?

[/ QUOTE ]

If there are no genuine offers by the time i return from holiday then i'll be keeping the car and making some kind of adjustment to the gearbox. 169144-ok.gif

My car is the sport model. 97. Has full front recaros but jus airbagged rear seats. Think i remember seeing some surplus connections from when i fitted the blind mechanism i got from you. Its beige colour.

There r a couple of other bits n bobs i would like from you. So maybe another trip over one day if thats ok?

Do you have a full electric heated back seat in beige for sale?

Dan

[ QUOTE ]

My car is the sport model. 97. Has full front recaros but jus airbagged rear seats. Think i remember seeing some surplus connections from when i fitted the blind mechanism i got from you. Its beige colour.

There r a couple of other bits n bobs i would like from you. So maybe another trip over one day if thats ok?

Dan

[/ QUOTE ]

I only have 3 sets of cream rears in at the moment:

Sports with airbags, without heat or electric

Non Sport, with heat and full electric pack but no airbags

Sports with heating and airbags

The problem is that the sports with heating are from the 2001 S8 I'm breaking, so dont want to sell the rears seperate unless the fronts go solo, plus they are facelift and wont quite slide straight in.

Annoyingly it is possible to transfer the cream sports skin from your seats onto electrically adjustable rear seats to give you lumbar adjust etc in the back, but the heating element is firmly stitched into the leather itself, so not transferrable.

Lack of airbags in the donor seats can cause a problem, but I've always had a theory that the airbag module can be recoded to tell it that it no longer has those airbags, and thus it wont show a warning light...

You should have 5 surplus connectors under there - 2 for seat heating upper squab left and right, 2 for seat heating lower squab left and right + 1 for power supply for electric seat adjust and headrest drop down function...

Anyway, bottom line is that I dont have an easy exact match just at the moment, but I'm sure I will have..

Re the other bits, no probs, but the cars are all up near Northallerton now, so possibly a little but closer to you.. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Up until a few days ago I would have bet some serious money that an A8 only ever came wired for the spec it was ordered with. I was just proven wrong (annoyingly)

[/ QUOTE ]

Mmmm.... I spoke with allaudi (can I mention the competition on your thread? blush.gif ) years ago about retro fitting Bose and a Solar Roof panel. They implied it’d be cost prohibited due to the cost to sort the wiring. scratchchin.gif Are these parts pre-wired too?

Just curious. announcement_smilie.gif I’ll prolly try to get out of our 8 soon (New Year?)!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mmmm.... I spoke with allaudi (can I mention the competition on your thread? blush.gif ) years ago about retro fitting Bose and a Solar Roof panel. They implied it’d be cost prohibited due to the cost to sort the wiring. scratchchin.gif Are these parts pre-wired too?

Just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bose isn't prewired, as the speaker either go to the headunit at the front of the car, or to the amp at the back. Solar isn't prewired, but really its two power cables and a bit of relay. I've retrofitted Solar as well documented on TSN, and I've also extracted Bose complete with loom for retro fit into a car.... Bose needs a fairly decent strip of the interior on the destination car to put all the wiring back in, but quite do-able....

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Dan

[/ QUOTE ]

I only have 3 sets of cream rears in at the moment:

Sports with airbags, without heat or electric

Non Sport, with heat and full electric pack but no airbags

Sports with heating and airbags

The problem is that the sports with heating are from the 2001 S8 I'm breaking, so dont want to sell the rears seperate unless the fronts go solo, plus they are facelift and wont quite slide straight in.

Annoyingly it is possible to transfer the cream sports skin from your seats onto electrically adjustable rear seats to give you lumbar adjust etc in the back, but the heating element is firmly stitched into the leather itself, so not transferrable.

Lack of airbags in the donor seats can cause a problem, but I've always had a theory that the airbag module can be recoded to tell it that it no longer has those airbags, and thus it wont show a warning light...

You should have 5 surplus connectors under there - 2 for seat heating upper squab left and right, 2 for seat heating lower squab left and right + 1 for power supply for electric seat adjust and headrest drop down function...

Anyway, bottom line is that I dont have an easy exact match just at the moment, but I'm sure I will have..

Re the other bits, no probs, but the cars are all up near Northallerton now, so possibly a little but closer to you.. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Northallerton is very near where my dad and family are from. I know the area well. Definatly keep me informed with regards to sport rear seats with airbags. I'd like to keep them. You just never know what will happen on the roads!

As for the other parts, i'll email you with a list and if you could send me a quote in return i'd appreciate it.

Just found a pub, a british one at that, in Spain and i've managed to GUESS the pass key for the wireless internet! So free internet on my Nokia for remainder of my holiday! 169144-ok.gif

Dan