Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GARTHY

laser pro park

14 posts in this topic

Anyone use one of tthese parking aids that unfortunately interfere with police laser speed guns? jump.gif

The police are starting to crackdown on parking aids/garage openers, recently they convicted someone of perverting the course of justice and banned them for 12 months with a £5000 fine for using one of these. Apparently every Police force in the UK has now been briefed on how to detect if someone has one fitted and they then follow up if they suspect someone with a home visit........

i can understand the home vsit to see if you have a electric garage door, but try to prove a laser parking aid has not been brought for just that.

Besides the Laser Pro Park is reviewed as stealthy and does not give back the usual errors at the speed trappers end.

Review

Ive been tempted by one.

I have Audi Parking sensors at the rear, and no sensors at the front.

Hence why i might want or fit Laser Pro Park unit Officer smirk.gif

I have sensors on the front, will these interfere with with a laser gun ?

[ QUOTE ]

The police are starting to crackdown on parking aids/garage openers, recently they convicted someone of perverting the course of justice and banned them for 12 months with a £5000 fine for using one of these. Apparently every Police force in the UK has now been briefed on how to detect if someone has one fitted and they then follow up if they suspect someone with a home visit........

[/ QUOTE ]

A likely story, no chance.

If you get burgled they can't be bothered to show up never mind this, it a publisity stunt.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A likely story, no chance.

If you get burgled they can't be bothered to show up never mind this, it a publisity stunt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I guess the guy convicted must have been unlucky then if there's 'no chance' of this happening........

But he was basically done becuase the unit he had was for opening a garage but 'There were no similar devices fitted to the door of his garage, which was used for storage' ie it wouldnt open his garage. Thus meaning the unit did nothing.

But how can the police prosecute you for having a device used for parking, which you do every day, when there is no law with having a device working at the same frequency as the police lazers.

What im getting at is the guy got done for perverting the course of justice as it was deemed the device was to stop police being able to read his speed rather then open his garage door.

[ QUOTE ]

But he was basically done becuase the unit he had was for opening a garage but 'There were no similar devices fitted to the door of his garage, which was used for storage' ie it wouldnt open his garage. Thus meaning the unit did nothing.

But how can the police prosecute you for having a device used for parking, which you do every day, when there is no law with having a device working at the same frequency as the police lazers.

What im getting at is the guy got done for perverting the course of justice as it was deemed the device was to stop police being able to read his speed rather then open his garage door.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly they may as well have said we are prosecuting you for being thick and coming up with a pathetic excuse. I personally believe if he were to argue that he wasnt speeding (they couldnt prove otherwise) then there was no justice to be served, and therfore could he be done for perverting the course of justice? I think he would have got off on grounds of reasonable doubt.

As with above comments I suspect that this wont apply to the laser pro park anyway as by design the front sensors need to be live all the time where as reverse ones can be activated by selecting reverse gear.

I bought mine for the parking sensor functionality 169144-ok.gif

I have two heads so i get better protection agains bumping into walls 169144-ok.gif

I don't know if its any good yet, they found a problem on PDI which needs resolving before I pick the A6 up 169144-ok.gif