harddrive

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

I finally got around to dropping of the deposit with my local dealer today for a TTS preorder slot. Apparently I should get the first one out of the dealership next year smile.gif

Has anyone else been mad enough to do this? smashfreakB.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not mad enough yet but as soon as we've moved house I'll be heading off to the local stealer for this one.

List price?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I'd expect it to be depending upon how they pitch it at iro £27 - £28k in line with S3 pricing for similar performance car.

[/ QUOTE ]

The figure that I had heard was £36K

[/ QUOTE ]

Which I can believe when you consider a decently spec'd 2.0T TT is £28K already 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I'd expect it to be depending upon how they pitch it at iro £27 - £28k in line with S3 pricing for similar performance car.

[/ QUOTE ]

The figure that I had heard was £36K

[/ QUOTE ]

Which I can believe when you consider a decently spec'd 2.0T TT is £28K already 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

At that price, all Audi's potential customers will buy Caymans instead!

Subject to the price not being as extortionate as above, I would be interested in a TT-S next year. Any news yet? Has it been shown at Frankfurt?

[ QUOTE ]

At that price, all Audi's potential customers will buy Caymans instead!

[/ QUOTE ]

Possibly, but to get a decent spec Cayman (with similar power) you'd need the S which is about 10K more than the £36K I mention.

Seriously, I would be stunned if it is much less when you look at the price of the (fwd) 2.0T and the 3.2 quattro.

THe thing is that a decent spec S3 is £30k, so for the TTs to be another £5k on top of that it is going to have to be a special car.

I keep looking at Used TTRs see them at £40k plus - sorry but my mindset still says - 'How much - its only a TT, not a Porsche' and I think they run a serious risk of that with the TTS.

[ QUOTE ]

THe thing is that a decent spec S3 is £30k, so for the TTs to be another £5k on top of that it is going to have to be a special car.

I keep looking at Used TTRs see them at £40k plus - sorry but my mindset still says - 'How much - its only a TT, not a Porsche' and I think they run a serious risk of that with the TTS.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do agree, but I really can't see it being less otherwise who will buy the 2.0T/3.2 if they are that close on price?

I'm expecting it to be similar in price to the 3.2 - a bit more power but without the 'prestige' of the V6. Unless there were a lot more extras as standard that is - xenons, suspension etc.

Anything much over 30k for a decent spec car (metallic, Bose, mag suspension) and I may start looking at other options........Z4 coupe is only £32k from memory, few more buys you a Cayman as many others have said. Both have around the same power output and are arguable more special (or at least rare).

Regarding the 'lower' models and their price, remember Audi dropped the price on the MkI after a couple of years. They may see it as the right time to drop prices by a grand or so.

TTS will "likely" sekret.gif have magnetic ride as standard, two tone extended leather as standard, lowered 10mm on current ride height, DRLs like on the R8, two special colours available only on the TT-S, sports seats, and various other goodies. It will "likely" book around £36K with the proposed TT-RS topping the 40K mark.

It will be a very different animal to the 3.2 Mk TT IMO. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I finally got around to dropping of the deposit with my local dealer today for a TTS preorder slot. Apparently I should get the first one out of the dealership next year smile.gif

Has anyone else been mad enough to do this? smashfreakB.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not mad enough yet but as soon as we've moved house I'll be heading off to the local stealer for this one.

List price?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah yes the price............ don't know that one yet suicide.gif

From looking at the price of the S3 when it came out it was approx the same price as the s-line A3 3.2 so I am hoping that the TTS will follow the trend and be around the 30K mark.

[ QUOTE ]

TBH and I know I'll get slated for saying this but:

£36k TT vs £36k Cayman - Ok I'll take the latter because it has a far better badge on it, will probably be a more rewarding drive (might be slower) and will probably sound nicer crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree, I really enjoyed the Cayman S on the circuit a very well sorted car 169144-ok.gif

AZ

[ QUOTE ]

£36k TT vs £36k Cayman - Ok I'll take the latter because it has a far better badge on it, will probably be a more rewarding drive (might be slower) and will probably sound nicer crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

36k to blow on a sports car - I'd go for a 2003 996 C4S instead. Badge, massively more rewarding to drive, faster and sounds stunning - especially with the popular option of the factory Porsche sport exhaust.

Ian

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

36k to blow on a sports car - I'd go for a 2003 996 C4S instead. Badge, massively more rewarding to drive, faster and sounds stunning - especially with the popular option of the factory Porsche sport exhaust.

Ian

[/ QUOTE ]

It is looking a touch dated though..

I'd go for the Cayman S or maybe Z4M

Actually thinking about it a C4S in Seal Grey would probably tick the boxes grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

TTS will "likely" sekret.gif have magnetic ride as standard, two tone extended leather as standard, lowered 10mm on current ride height, DRLs like on the R8, two special colours available only on the TT-S, sports seats, and various other goodies. It will "likely" book around £36K with the proposed TT-RS topping the 40K mark.

It will be a very different animal to the 3.2 Mk TT IMO. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I guess I'll be one of many looking elsewhere then. The TT is not a car that will sell well in the £35k+ bracket and none of the current models float my boat.