harddrive

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not mad on the new one either! Black seems to work best though if I was pushed.... tongue.gif

Our old one has done 60,000 odd miles now - how many miles do we recon they can do? grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean, classic, not old wink.gif

Mine is on 104k miles so you'l be ok for a while yet.

Nick

I chatted with the dealer last week about it and he did raise an eyebrow when I mentioned the prices we are talking about here.

However I did mention to keep me in the loop but as he's always forgetting things I dont expect I'll hear anything!

36K is too much for a TT. IMHO 32k would be the ideal list price for the kind of car that Lottie is talking about.

Well I took out the S3 and the 2.0L TT at the weekend just to make sure I was happy and I am sticking to my guns with this one.

I loved the power of the S3 and the fact it has a lap timer built into the DIS bowdown.gif

The TT felt a lot lighter than the S3/A3 so if they can get the power into that body then I will be very happy.

All I can do now is wait and see if the TTS raises it's head at the Tokyo motorshow sekret.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have been given some more detail on the TTS from my dealer.

Dealer info: Whilst none of what I am about to detail is confirmed, I think it unlikely that it will be far from fact. The car is due to be 2.0T quattro with 270 PS. It has 4 exhaust pipes, magnetic ride and different leather options. The launch cars are going to be orange with orange and black leather - I am sure that other colours will be available. Price is expected to be £33000 or there abouts.

coffee.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I have been given some more detail on the TTS from my dealer.

Dealer info: Whilst none of what I am about to detail is confirmed, I think it unlikely that it will be far from fact. The car is due to be 2.0T quattro with 270 PS. It has 4 exhaust pipes, magnetic ride and different leather options. The launch cars are going to be orange with orange and black leather - I am sure that other colours will be available. Price is expected to be £33000 or there abouts.

coffee.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm also seriously contemplating a TT-S, as I'm afraid I've found my new S3 to be a bit disappointing to be honest.

Any news as to whether S-Tronic (DSG) will be offered?

[ QUOTE ]

If your S3 is disappointing in handling terms then the TT with 100kg less mass and magnetic ride will be better but if it's for any other reason then I doubt the change will be worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's one of the reasons, but it's mainly because the new S3 simply doesn't have the "wow" factor I enjoyed every day for the 6.5 years I owned my old 8L S3. Much as I'd like to say otherwise, it's just not special enough for me to make the same emotional connection with.

Hi, this is the offical info from my Audi dealer for the TTS

TTS

Centre launch May / June

Debut in Detroit Motor Show in January

Ordering opens 14th January 2008

Starting Price £33,000 on the road

2.0 T FSI Quattro, 272 BHP

0 – 62 in 5.4 seconds

Top speed 155 MPH

6 Speed S-Tronic

Magnetic ride as Standard

2 tone leather as standard

18” alloys as standard

LEDs as standard

Short shift gear box as standard

Could be a great car - but I want the RS.....

[ QUOTE ]

Hi, this is the offical info from my Audi dealer for the TTS

TTS

Centre launch May / June

Debut in Detroit Motor Show in January

Ordering opens 14th January 2008

Starting Price £33,000 on the road

2.0 T FSI Quattro, 272 BHP

0 – 62 in 5.4 seconds

Top speed 155 MPH

6 Speed S-Tronic

Magnetic ride as Standard

2 tone leather as standard

18” alloys as standard

LEDs as standard

Short shift gear box as standard

Could be a great car - but I want the RS.....

[/ QUOTE ]

If its S-tronic how can it have a short shift... smashfreakB.gif typical dealer talking out of his arse lol.gif

All wheel drive and 0-62 in 5.4 seconds is not half bad for £33k...

Plus I think its a super looking car and that the interior is superbly designed, and far nicer than its rivals.

You'd get a pretty basic Boxster for that money, and it would be slower.

I will be checking one out when it arrives.