0 – 62 in 5.4 seconds

Top speed 155 MPH

6 Speed S-Tronic

Magnetic ride as Standard

2 tone leather as standard

18” alloys as standard

LEDs as standard

Short shift gear box as standard

Could be a great car - but I want the RS.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like dealer rubbish - unless they make some changes to the systems and mechanics the TT-S won't have S-tronic, just as the S3 doesn't currently have that option.

His dates may well be fairly accurate, the two tone leather is a pretty certain point as is the magnetic ride, but various other bits are missing from his spec..... wink.gif

£33K without any options also makes it pretty expensive IMO, especially if they then want to charge £950 for the xenon option (an essential on that sort of car) and the usual £1650 for nav, £450 for BOSE, etc. Whack on some park sensors and a MFSW, along with phone prep and it could tip into late 30's. EEK2.GIF

Much as I really want one, and have a holding despoit down, I am not going to pay that much. I'll live with the current 2.0T with a remap and a lighter right foot for a bit in the wet..... 169144-ok.gifgrin.gif

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

Yep, £33,000 sounds a lot especially when you need to spec more items.

How does S-tronic differ from DSG.. or is it the same?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fundamentally the same, they renamed it, probably because the DSG in the Mk I TT had a few....glitches..... UHOH7.GIF

Have to say its wonderful on mine - but I worry I will forget how to change gear properly. yelrotflmao.gif

S-tronic launch out of the Toll Booths on the M6 in S mode on a dry day is just blissful..... grin.gifECLIPSe.gif

And even in the wet a tempered right foot means it copes pretty well. With quatrro and uprated oooomph the TT-S will be awesome, but with other priorities next year I'm not sure it will be enough to get me to spend the best part of 40K on one with the spec I'd want. frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]

How does S-tronic differ from DSG.. or is it the same?

[/ QUOTE ]

Audi marketing ROLLEY~14.GIF

S-Line, S-Tronic, S-Windows, S-Doors...

I think they're trying to keep up with BMW with M-Sport etc. but failing miserably on the marketing front. Somehow S-Line doesn't have the same ring as M-Sport...