New Car

NewNiceMrMe

The wifes new car arrived today.

Some pictures below.

It's a Lexus RX400h SE-L, with Lexus Hybrid technology married to a 3.3 litre V6 petrol unit developing 269 bhp. Very impressed so far, and with 62 mph arriving in 7.6s it's quite a swift little (big) thing.

Laden with gadgets in SE-L form, with twin DVD's screen and a 6 disc DVD player, dual Bluetooth headsets, parking camera, 11 speaker 210 watt Mark Levinson audio system, electric everything (inc. power tailgate), reclining rear seats, perforated leather throughout, 19" wheels, adaptive headlights, voice control, extended interior and exterior lighting, touch screen system (very impressive too), blah blah.

Trim is Persian Quartz metallic with Oakham Beige interior.

Anyway, here it is:

LExt1.jpg

LInt3.jpg

LInt6.jpg

LInt8.jpg

LInt10.jpg

LInt15.jpg

LInt16.jpg

LInt18.jpg

LExt9.jpg

LInt7.jpg

LExt3.jpg

35-ish combined apparently, but we'd reckon on more like 32-33. My wife does a lot of City stop-start driving, so anything she benefits from with the engine cutting out will be taken back with the accelerating off again.

If it returns 28 mpg we'll be happy. For the performance you can't grumble really, especially with more toys than Hamleys. I don't think we've found half of them yet.

Typically Japanese - Highly considered in the design process and loaded with toys/features. Useful being automatic for the city stop start stuff. Lexus are definitely at the higher quality end of Jap offerings. Not my 'cup of tea' either, but I can see that it suits your family extremely well 169144-ok.gif Enjoy!

[ QUOTE ]

So, does your wife have to take the kids everywhere she goes, to explain how to work everything on the car? grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pretty easy to find and operate everything by the looks of it so far. All fairly intuitive.

That said, our 4 year old did point out that she'd discovered volume controls on the headsets that we didn't realise were there.

[ QUOTE ]

How often will you take it out on your own? (if allowed!)

[/ QUOTE ]

We tend not to drive each others cars that often. We'd be more likely to use the Lexus for a family trip or a longer trip than her old 320d so. We'd have normally taken the 6, but the new car will almost certainly take over that role now because of the amount of space there is.

[ QUOTE ]

Have you seen inside the RX400 yourself Alastair? See, I've been inside both the M3 and my wifes RX400 - so I can comment with experience and can tell you the plastics in the M3 are worse. Or are you judging by photo's?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hang on chris, he's only expressing his opinion mate.

[ QUOTE ]

Looks nice that i must say,not sure about cream interior with the kiddies ,unless there big kiddies and there wont be a problem, I would have one of those tommorow very nice indeed. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

There's only 1 big kid in that family, so I doubt it will get dirty........ wink.gifgrin.gif

I like the cream interior, My A8 had it and I had 2 little girls - just a matter of what you let them get up to in the back. No problem.

My current A6 has beige inerds, and now with 3 kids, it is still fine.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Have you seen inside the RX400 yourself Alastair? See, I've been inside both the M3 and my wifes RX400 - so I can comment with experience and can tell you the plastics in the M3 are worse. Or are you judging by photo's?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hang on chris, he's only expressing his opinion mate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes i have, like i said its all IMO. You have some pretty strong opnions, dont see why i shouldnt be allowed to voice mine