Karcher KB4040 'Pulsing'

jpullen

chucked my K4.99 for the same reason, and it did not seem to have the power it once had.

Having took it apart the mechanism for turning off the power is primative to say the least. a little linkeage moved by water pressure disengages the power.

I tried to see if there was adjustment, but it didnt seem to make a difference where i set it. I also whipped off the pump/gearbox, and it looked like water was mixing with the grease, so a likely cause of the lack of pressure.

bought a new one sub £80 so chucked it in the bin.

Ok you guys. send me your donations. the cylinder head is fcuked. My 530 did the same thng and for £15 it is as good as new. E-spares rules ok. beerchug.gif

The UPPER fitting will have developed a crack which allows pressure to leak from the output side to the input which causes the pulsing.

Ihave same problem with my K4.99, Karcher suggested it may be an airlock, sticking valve.

First easy step to fix disconnect lance hose from washer and just let water run freely for 5 mins (washer off), then re-connect lance hose and expell air, switch on and should be ok.

How ever didn't fix my problem.

I am in process of strip down but can't find anything wrong all valves and seals look ok, may replace cylinder head as genuine parts from esapres are not that exspensive.

Any suggestion appreciated before I order.

Tom

[ QUOTE ]

Ok you guys. send me your donations. the cylinder head is fcuked. My 530 did the same thng and for £15 it is as good as new. E-spares rules ok. beerchug.gif

The UPPER fitting will have developed a crack which allows pressure to leak from the output side to the input which causes the pulsing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you got a aprt no. for the upper fitting so I can check which part it is and inspect mine.

Tom

I had a similar issue a few years ago with a Kew pressure washer. One cause was a slightly blocked jet, so make sure that's clean and the other was down to the incoming water pressure. They way we were told to test it was to get the washer to suck water out of a bucket instead and see if it still did it.

Thats what I did at first. mad.gif

Try it, but I reckon you need - 25. spare parts set

ES 38412

Still, you will get a brand new pump unit at the end, with new seals and valves, for not a lot of cash. beerchug.gif

Karcher part 90011040.

Try CleanStuff.co.uk They have them but are two to three days in the post. ZZZ.gif

I assume it came to bits ok? They are designed to go together (and come apart) very easily.

If you are looking for the problem you will find a hairline vertical crack. This is why they recommend you rinse through with water if you use a detergent dispenser as the 'gent can attack and weaken the engineering 'plastic' used in this application. znaika.gif

Good luck.

Can't really remember but I think not. It just pushes out and is re-used on reassembly - no need to replace the o -rings. Use a baby squirt of washing liquid and water if you are worried about nipping anything but really it is not necessary.

Thinking about this you definitely DON'T get the injector pipe but you DO get the pressure switch actuator gubbins.