Zymol Ital Estate Glaze Wax

Michael1984

It depends if it was the old generation Ital or the new generation Ital.

Zymol upped the price from around the £60 mark on Ital and alot of people bought at this price and have been trying to sell it for an inflated price.

I have the old generation Ital and I don't find it anything special to be honest. I have heard the new generation stuff is supposed to be good though.

You will get the same finish that you would get on the italian cars on other cars. all the difference is is that its got a higher Carnauba Wax volume. The higher the better. they only market it at the italian cars because they know the people who hav ethese types of cars will purchase it if is designed for there use. and obviously they can afford the high price.

My understanding is that the % Carnuba wax is only part of the issue, the different waxes - Glasur for Porsche, Ital for Ferrari, etc - have different percentages of yellow and white carnuba to suit the paint characteristics, so for example that the Glasur wax would look better on my 911 than the Ital wax.

Maybe to most people it wouldn't look noticeably different, but if I was paying £00+ for a pot then I'd want to get the exact wax designed for my car!!

beerchug.gif

Sidicks

[ QUOTE ]

The trouble is, this was is designed for Italian cars - typically Ferraris, which have relatively soft paint.

Although it will obviously work on other cars, the other Zymol waxes will work better.

beerchug.gif

Sidicks

[/ QUOTE ]

Ferrari's do not typically have soft paint, it varies, paint hardness has nothing to do with it.

I've got some Ital and it looked decent on a 206 Pug we did, as far as I can see, I think that marketing a particular wax at a particular marque is a bit weird, it's still got carnuaba wax in it at the end of the day. The formulas are not very different, I would say it's marketing over anything else.

[ QUOTE ]

My understanding is that the % Carnuba wax is only part of the issue, the different waxes - Glasur for Porsche, Ital for Ferrari, etc - have different percentages of yellow and white carnuba to suit the paint characteristics, so for example that the Glasur wax would look better on my 911 than the Ital wax.

Maybe to most people it wouldn't look noticeably different, but if I was paying £00+ for a pot then I'd want to get the exact wax designed for my car!!

beerchug.gif

Sidicks

[/ QUOTE ]

This whole designed for X marque is marketing IMHO, Zymol Concours looks better than Zymol Glasur and would look better on your 911.

If they had to be specifically designed to work on a marque then Zymol wouldn't get away with selling generic high end waxes such as Destiny, Atlantique, Vintage, Royale, Solaris

Well, that's what it says on tyhe website about the Ital wax.............

I can accept that the top end waxes give superb results on any car, but I don't think it's inconsistent to suggest that their middle tier range may have different decomposition to suit the needs of different cars.

So yes, my 911 may look best of all with Royale or whatever, but given a choice between Glasur and Ital, then the former has been designed to give best results.

Whether the difference to the untrained eye is noticeable is a different matter.

Personally, I'm happy using Poorboys wax when I do it myself, and my detailer has a range of waxes to choose from!!

beerchug.gif

Sidicks

HA!! Poor guy was only wanting sell his wax.

The difference isnt really in the wax so much as the what keep the wax soft. In cheaper waxes a chemical solvent used. In the Zymol range its more a of focus on natural elements.

Each one of these higher branded waxes has a slightly different mix of oils and they use these to judge the look on the cars. For example, Ferraris are generally considered to come in soild colours reds, yellow, blacks and hence you would expect the oils in the Ferarri wax to provide a deep look on these colours.

Glasur for example is focused more on getting the most out of a curvie Porsche body, hence the oils give a very warm look to paintwork which helps to make them look wetter and glossier. I believe it emphasises metalics pop as well.

So on and so forth. Until you get to Concours-Destiny area of the market. The waxes do tend to change completely here you see much more focus on breathing a deep look in to the paintwork with out that glossy/plastic look mixed with sharpe reflections. There a richness of colour focus too which is why these are ideal for well prepped paintwork in good condition. The oils and wax take on colour of the paintwork and highligting it to its fullest potential creating what are very vivid colours even on BRG and Maroons.

Geoff

[ QUOTE ]

HA!! Poor guy was only wanting sell his wax.

The difference isnt really in the wax so much as the what keep the wax soft. In cheaper waxes a chemical solvent used. In the Zymol range its more a of focus on natural elements.

Each one of these higher branded waxes has a slightly different mix of oils and they use these to judge the look on the cars. For example, Ferraris are generally considered to come in soild colours reds, yellow, blacks and hence you would expect the oils in the Ferarri wax to provide a deep look on these colours.

Glasur for example is focused more on getting the most out of a curvie Porsche body, hence the oils give a very warm look to paintwork which helps to make them look wetter and glossier. I believe it emphasises metalics pop as well.

So on and so forth. Until you get to Concours-Destiny area of the market. The waxes do tend to change completely here you see much more focus on breathing a deep look in to the paintwork with out that glossy/plastic look mixed with sharpe reflections. There a richness of colour focus too which is why these are ideal for well prepped paintwork in good condition. The oils and wax take on colour of the paintwork and highligting it to its fullest potential creating what are very vivid colours even on BRG and Maroons.

Geoff

[/ QUOTE ]

beerchug.gif

Sidicks