Roof Bars

mb

Hi Mate, not quite - you know how much the houses in Poole weigh ! No was thinking of some timberrrrrr as getting a bit bored of measuring & cutting it up in the B&Qs car park - they won't cut if for me either as its treated I seem to need (or is that treatment ?)

Had these on 3 door and 5 door Golfs. Never fitted them on the R32 because I sold them before I got the car ROLLEY~14.GIF

Your best bet is to get some OEM ones - they're not cheap (about £100 IIRC), but they fit better than anything else. Depending on whether yours is a 3 door or 5 door, the 3 door ones clamp onto the roof just above the rear window.

If you look carefully enough at the top blacked out line n your rear window, you'll see a small arrow - that's where the rear bar goes. The front ones clamp onto the join which the rubber strip covers over, that you can get access to when you open the front door.

Relatively quick to put these on. Had some on the MKIII. Downside is, the span between them isn't very wide so you won't be able to put anything very long on them. I managed a couple of sheets of 8'x6' MDF and couldn't go over 35mph as they were flapping about all over the place!

If its decking board you're transporting (treated - pressure treated to resist water ingress and once cut, should be re-treated on the cut surface with a preserver) then maybe better to find a timber merchant who is cheaper than B&Q and can deliver.

It was a bit of decking the other day & now need a few bits of wood to make a frame for the bath panel from (was going to use treated for this but guess don't have to) & eventually the bath panel (which will be MDF or something so hopefully they will cut this for me !) I never seem to need enough wood to justify a delivery but carpark construction is getting a bit boring too ! Good point about the span as I have some ladders I would like to move.