Simultaneous hood opening/seat belt on

Ari

Anyone else do the "dual drop hood while putting seat belt on" thing?

Basically you get in, start engine, operate hood button with right hand then reach round with your left hand, pull the seatbelt across, click it in, then swap hands on the button and ready to go as soon as the hood stops folding! grin.gif

I do this, but having to do it irritates me every time. Even if we can't have remote control, why oh why can we not at least push it once and get on with using hands for other things (stop giggling at the back there) ? Sitting there like a lemon with one finger stuck to the console is damned irritating - more at the end of the journey than anything, when I'd rather be rummaging around for CDs to take back indoors, or whatever. Safety concerns about the remote is one thing, but do they think we're going to accidentally decapitate someone while we're actually sitting in the car ? sportifs2.gif

I'm less bothered about getting the hood down while doing other things - but if I was, I might be tempted to find a (suitably classy, perhaps all-black) marble of just the right size to wedge underneath the switch for 30 seconds. It could live in the oddments tray, in its own little fitted black foam cavity if you felt like making one.

Good to know that there are other dutch cabrio drives at this forum laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

About the windshield: Driving cabrios for already quite a long time, I really got used to a kind of snake movement to get the windshield up, even on the road..... (I normally only use the windshield when exceeding 60 km/h)

BTW: GanS, if you manage to get the wig prepared for you I would love to get a copy......

Lazy feckers you Cab drivers! tongue.gif

"Wedge", come on...! You drive a superb German Cab and you talk about wedging buttons! ROLLEY~14.GIF

I'm sure if you put some effort into it and talk to some electro-geek there'll be a way to implement some sort of relay which makes into a one-push action thingy. And as said before in another thread, IMO there must also be a way to make the hood remote controlled as well.

But you just sit around and complain like a bunch of women... the_finger.gif

jump.gif

beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Lazy feckers you Cab drivers! tongue.gif

"Wedge", come on...! You drive a superb German Cab and you talk about wedging buttons! ROLLEY~14.GIF

I'm sure if you put some effort into it and talk to some electro-geek there'll be a way to implement some sort of relay which makes into a one-push action thingy. And as said before in another thread, IMO there must also be a way to make the hood remote controlled as well.

But you just sit around and complain like a bunch of women... the_finger.gif

jump.gif

beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's simply a measure of how absolutely bloody fantastic this car is that this is the best we can find to whinge about...! lol.gif

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

• 2 weeks later...