[Audi A3/S3] rs4 style front bumper

ultramodz

i requested my s3 look spoiler from s3-tuning the 11 of june and i'm still waiting... confused.gifconfused.gif

I've my lower valance painted, the grills are not painted, and it looks good, i've been thinking of buying a suspension. People told me to buy only springs, but it will decrease the life of the shocks, and finally breaking them. however i think a regulable shocks kit is too expensive... can someone clear my ideas please? beerchug.gif

Hey guys...

I ordered the same bumper for mine initially. However dont be fooled, like a friend of mine.

He purchased the item and after receiving it months later, the body-shop had a nightmare trying to fit it. They had to cut and chop here and there for it to fit snuggly.

The problem is that the item is made from fibre-glass which is crap material. Furthermore,if you hit a pot hole or something it'll crack immediately and the paint finish on it will never match that of a urethane kit...thats why i went for the caractere kit. I'll post pics up soon...

Good luck anyway.

[ QUOTE ]

I've been thinking of buying a suspension. People told me to buy only springs, but it will decrease the life of the shocks, and finally breaking them. however i think a regulable shocks kit is too expensive... can someone clear my ideas please?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive lowered mine 45mm using Apex springs and am very pleased with the results. I was also aware that it would effect the lifespan of the shocks but I doubt i'll keep the car long enough for it to effect me. Did the same with my old Polo, owned it for 3 years and they held up fine. I would go for it if I were you, makes such a big difference.

beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

IMO this only looks good if u've the lower valance with integrated fogs (like Catfish) but can be borderline tacky if not colour matched properly. If you have the fogless valance, NONO3.GIFI wouldnt bother.

beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I hasten to disagree on this one. I have had my lower valance, front and back, and the side bottom trim and underneath colour coded and I dont have the front fogs and I think it looks great! Even the guy at the dealers was astounded by the result after he said that the paint would not hold for longer than a fortnight at best. Been months now and is as good as the upper bumper. Paint match is spot on too! See for yourself below. I apologise that the pic is not the best, but will give decent inspection to say the least!

[image]http://www.tyresmoke.net/gallery/albuo49/DSCF0019?full=1[/image]

it does look good in the green, but i've got a white a3, so i'm thinking about the caractere front lower section - but it's bloody expensive! frown.gif i like the look of the later spec lower bumper section when that's colour coded, but what's the point in modifying it to look standard?!? wink.gif

as for lowering, i had springs on my last car (ibiza) and for £150, they were fine in terms of cost and quality. just not low enough for me! i'm probably gonna get some coilovers next, they're about £400 for a set. also, FK use Bilstein inserts, which is cool.

anyone know what the name of my paint colour is? 1999 white 1.6SE - is it "casablanca white"? confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

anyone know what the name of my paint colour is? 1999 white 1.6SE - is it "casablanca white"? confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It probably is. Check the maintenance booklet, on the first pager there should be a sticker with codes. If it says 'Y9G' it's Casablanca White. beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

it says LY9G - i guess it is casablanca white then?! i can get colour coding now! beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It probably is. Check the maintenance booklet, on the first pager there should be a sticker with codes. If it says 'Y9G' it's Casablanca White. beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

it says LY9G - i guess it is casablanca white then?! i can get colour coding now! beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep! 'L' has no function in this number (it just stands for "Lack" IIRC). beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I hasten to disagree on this one. I have had my lower valance, front and back, and the side bottom trim and underneath colour coded and I dont have the front fogs and I think it looks great! Even the guy at the dealers was astounded by the result after he said that the paint would not hold for longer than a fortnight at best. Been months now and is as good as the upper bumper. Paint match is spot on too! See for yourself below. I apologise that the pic is not the best, but will give decent inspection to say the least.

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured i'd probably offend someone with that bold statement I made but each of us are entitled to our own opinions so we are. IMHO the green doesnt look TOO bad but I cant help but feeling that this can look like nothing more than a cheap modification to bring the old A3 in line with the newer models with fully colour coded bumbers when in actual fact you dont need to. When you buy an audi, you are making a statement: Not look at me ive got a nice car, more "I know ive got class so I need not scream about it." Which is why most of us get offended when we see those CRAPPY Lexus lights, Blacked out windows, Loud Bodykits and Chrome mirrors on non 'S' cars. Not to mention the occational MAX POWER feature! Before I changed my lower valance, I just made sure I kept all the black bits polished along with the rest of the car and Im sure that it looked just as clean if not cleaner than yours does with its colour coded lowers. IMO a successful modification is one that makes the car look as if it were meant to be there in the first place. Colour coded valances look to me like you bought a basic model and made an attempt to discuise the fact! I hope I havnt offended anyone else but it seems that some of you guys (not all) are soft and cant take critisism. Remember these are just MY opinions (although im sure most people would agree with me.)

beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I hasten to disagree on this one. I have had my lower valance, front and back, and the side bottom trim and underneath colour coded and I dont have the front fogs and I think it looks great! Even the guy at the dealers was astounded by the result after he said that the paint would not hold for longer than a fortnight at best. Been months now and is as good as the upper bumper. Paint match is spot on too! See for yourself below. I apologise that the pic is not the best, but will give decent inspection to say the least.

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured i'd probably offend someone with that bold statement I made but each of us are entitled to our own opinions so we are. IMHO the green doesnt look TOO bad but I cant help but feeling that this can look like nothing more than a cheap modification to bring the old A3 in line with the newer models with fully colour coded bumbers when in actual fact you dont need to. When you buy an audi, you are making a statement: Not look at me ive got a nice car, more "I know ive got class so I need not scream about it." Which is why most of us get offended when we see those CRAPPY Lexus lights, Blacked out windows, Loud Bodykits and Chrome mirrors on non 'S' cars. Not to mention the occational MAX POWER feature! Before I changed my lower valance, I just made sure I kept all the black bits polished along with the rest of the car and Im sure that it looked just as clean if not cleaner than yours does with its colour coded lowers. IMO a successful modification is one that makes the car look as if it were meant to be there in the first place. Colour coded valances look to me like you bought a basic model and made an attempt to discuise the fact! I hope I havnt offended anyone else but it seems that some of you guys (not all) are soft and cant take critisism. Remember these are just MY opinions (although im sure most people would agree with me.)

beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

both of your cars look good, but i'd have to say that J6ORDS' car looks like a standard late-spec model, bar the door handles.

why modify if you just replicate what any other bod can go and buy?

that's not a dig, because i think the changes Audi made were very good, and i intend to switch my headlights for the later version, but you can't say that colour coded sections look like you're trying to imitate high-spec models, because that's what you are doing.

enough bitching - let's all play nicely... wink.gif