BMW 520d M Sport - What price/options ??

leesykoi

Hi Guys,

Getting a little bored of my Audi A4 2.0 tdi S-line and fancied a change (reality done too many miles this year). I use my car for business and do approx 25k miles a year. My local Stratstone BMW (tyneside)has a 520d in carbon black (nice)with 16k on the clock for £24k is this a decent price?

My ideal shopping list is a 520d M Sport (under 10k miles)with sun protection,blue-tooth and also ipod connectivity. I did originally fancy one with the 19's but i think the extra price for replacement tyres wasn't worth it.

The dealer with the 16k mile model reckons he can get the sun-protection retro-fitted as it's not on but i wasn't sure if this would look shabby ?

What do you guys think and does it sound like a good deal as if it is and the sunprotection looks OK i may go for it even though it's got a few more miles than i fancy(also how much are the BMW ipod connectors) ?

Lots of questions to keep you busy.

Cheers Lee.

BMW usb connector can't be retrofitted, but it will have aux in, and they do a an ipod connector but not sure how good it is.

Not sure on price.

The windows tinted will look fine, 99% of cars are done like this, only the latest ones that come from the factory tinted.

The 19's come with proper tyres and not run flats, so you can swap them cheaper than run flats and they ride a lot better too. But you can always put normal tyres on when they need changing.

I bet you will love it after the Audi, so much more of a drivers car, you going to take it out for a spin?

Cheers for the post gIzzE.

After many years being a member of the TT forum which was mega busy (yes i was a TT owner !!) i was starting to think this was a stagnant forum. Thks for correcting my thought.

Gonna drop in tomorrow and see if the 5's still up for grabs and i'm going to ask for the sun protection to be fitted and also my private plate transfer and to guarantee blue-tooth with my phone and also guaranteed that the ipod works then et-voila !!!!! Deal ideal....

I'll let you know how i get on.

Cheers.

Lee.

Haha, I am not sure mate, personally I would spend a little more and get a used 535d, but I am not sure what your situation is, is it a company car etc.?

One of the guys on bmwland has just sold his 2005 535d M-Sport with full nav etc. for £24k, I bet that owner will drive it for 2 years and still see £18k back.

It depends what you are looking for from a car??

Just seen you want a car with 10k miles, so that counts out an older 535d.

That car seems OK, but there are others about with the same spec and less than 20k miles for around £21k.

have you considered a 3 series as well?? I have had the 535d and the 335i, I would buy another 3 series but not sure if I would buy another 5, nothing wrong with the 5, it is a great car, just that the 3 series is something else. Plenty big enough and just sublime handling.

Something like this...

2006 06 Reg BMW 3 SERIES 320d M Sport 4dr (SAT NAV)

Price: £19,950

Features:

26 miles

Manual

Silver

Diesel

Saloon

1995 cc

Full Description:

Glossary of Terms

4 Doors, Manual 6 speed, Saloon, Diesel, 26 miles, Silver. Insurance Group:15, 26,000 Miles Finished In Titan Silver Metallic With Alcantara Sports Interior, Specification Includes Professional Navigation, Blue Tooth, Upgrade 18" Alloy Wheels, 1 Owner From New, 26,000 Miles With Full BMW Service History CAR DUE IN £19,950

Trade Seller:

Evolution

Email address: Email Advertiser

Dealer's Website: Go to website

Contact number: (0116) 2696000 or (07971) 020304

Or this....

2006 06 Reg BMW 320d M Sport

4 Doors, Manual, Saloon, Diesel, 16,000 miles, Metallic Titan Silver. M Sport 17 Inch Alloys , Climate Control, Sports Seats In Black Alcantera With Electric Lumbar Adjustment, Professional Hi-Fi System With CD Player, Sports Suspension, Xenon Lights, Park Sensors, Aluminium Interior Trim , Bluetooth, I-Pod Adapter, Cruise Control, Rain Sensor Wipers, UK Car, Latest Model, As New .All Usual Dealer Facilities. E-Mail. [email protected] £20,745.

Tel: (01306) 621017

Price: £20,745

Cheers gIzzE,

Agree the 3's are nice but fancied a 5 for a change and i think they look pretty good with the sun protection fitted. Thought about the 535 but they are a little thirsty and a almost certain 'license loser' for me.

I'll see if Mr Stratstone can conjure up any good deals this afternoon.

Cheers Lee.

Depends what you are comparing it to? If you are buying a manual 520d then you will see around 25% better consumption over the 535d, if auto then there will be hardly anything in it.

Make sure you take a 3 series out as well, if they have a new 320d coupe that is well worth trying, cracking car.

The only thing with that car in your link is there is no bluetooth, I can't believe there are 5 series out there that are not specced with this, I would class that as an essential.