Most modified R32 on this forum......

BLOCK

Hi ... thats right SK, I DID have the 19's before they were half inched, and now my dear insurance company are replacing them with some BBS's (19) had the 270AMD converstion and waiting to put the shortshift on once the car gets back from the insurance company (will let you guys know how that gets on)

I got the Neuspeed short shift kit(designed for the 2002 upwards TT Quattro AWD)Got it from Awesome, they said they tried it on another R32 and it worked great, I will look on the TT forum once the car is back on fitting tips (if any are needed).... I guess thats the same one you had on yours??

yeah I had the neuspeed - great bit of kit, but mine was for 2000 year - it had a different conection to the linkage from the gear level - ball joint / split pin I think.

I thought it was fantastic, let us know how it feels as I would be very tempted again.

You fitting it yourself? If so let me know how much work removing air box, etc to do it.

Well the short sifter (the Neuspeed one anyway) is a very quick thing on a TT to change yourself, remove the airbox and some of the piping and you can see the top of the gear box, the shortshifter replaces one of the lickages on top of here and only needs a couple of spanners, some grease and other tools you would be likely to have anyway.

When fitted it reduces the throw of your gear lever in the car by 20 - 30% so gear changes are really quick.