Find me a cheap Cupra dealer

Calm Chris

I want a Candy white cupra- I have £20k

Problem is I want Sunroof and touch screen Sat Nav options which take it up to £22k.

Cars from wk 45 get the touch screen Sat Nav as a new option and cars from week 48 have a free black alloys option.

So does anyone know of any Seat dealers desperate for a sale and happy to talk discounts of 8-10% confused.gif

Best I've found is 5% off car and no discounting on options, surely that could be bettered? More so when you consider that Seat have a hundred or so demo's sitting around the network that don't appear to be shifting very quickly blush.gif

I need the discount so I can get the windows darkened down (chavtastic stylie) and convert the 260 bhp up to 305 bhp via Revo the_finger.gif

Front wheel drive, sub 1400 kgs and 305 bhp should help sort out my driver blues blush.gif

Here's what it should end up looking like (+ a bit darker on the windows + sun roof)

whiteleon010-1.jpg

whiteleon007.jpg

Might have to sort out some twin pipes for the 4rse mad.gif

Not sure what margin SEAT dealers now work on but a few years back it was only 8% but they got huge 'bonus' for hitting targets so would do good deals at the end of each quarter to hit targets as the target bonus amounts were HUGE so made it worth there while. The problem you have is you want specific options so will prob make it a factory order.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I though that the Cupra was circa 236 BHP as standard?? Have they launched a new edition with 260?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct!

[/ QUOTE ]

A guy had his Cupra rolling roaded at Star Performance, and it was giving over 260bhp as standard. It was discussed on another forum, but I can't find it at the moment. Apparently they're all up there somewhere.

[ QUOTE ]

A guy had his Cupra rolling roaded at Star Performance, and it was giving over 260bhp as standard. It was discussed on another forum, but I can't find it at the moment. Apparently they're all up there somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have seen these posts myself and read them with interest, mine has not been on a RR but I don't know if I trust the results. But if true then I have one quick motor! 169144-ok.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Over on seat net, there's half a dozen guys who have RR the OEM spec car and they are all pushing 255-260 bhp on the dyno.

Suggestion is that Audi are less than happy that the S3 motor wasn't de-tuned- Bloody Spanish, I'd be gutted if I owned a Cupra and discovered it was pushing out nearly the same as the S3.

Thanks for Carfile link- I bought an Orion of Pat (the founder of carfile) back in 1992.

I'll be talking with Seat dealers and all other Seat suppliers in the next few weeks- I'm waiting for them all to realise how dire the new car market has become as a result of money tightening post sub prime / interest rates / fuel prices / credit tightening.

• 2 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

A mate of mine is seeing 280ish out of his S3 and it's not remapped.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good 169144-ok.gif It would seem silly for the S3 and Cupra to have the same power, given that the S3 has more cooling, a more open manifold and some tweaked code (well it's not identical).

Think the Cupra must have changes over the other Leon varients regarding suspension, traction and all things grip making. There's been loads of posts saying that the standard car is pleasantly grippy and that getting power down isn't a issue shocked.gif.

Drop your tyre pressure 2 psi all round grin.gif

There a guy selling them at £17,800 new for the base car.

Irfan at M1 autos / Kingsbury

Which sort of explain why there's so many nearly news sitting of Seat forecourts for £17-£19k.

Just checked the configurator (it's been a while) and the Multimedia Sav Nav is FOC (was £1500+), and black alloys are also a FOC item, but not on the configurator.

Tonight, I'll mostly be buying my wife a hangover- Alchol will hopefully do the trick, since the car will be 'her' family run around blush.gifwink.gif

• 1 month later...

No, it's still a maybe mind.

I got distracted and went to some car auctions, which was pretty silly since I discovered a heap of better cars to own for £19-£20k.

Then I discovered that ex BMW 1 year old 330d's are rolling through auction houses at circa £20-£22k depending on spec / Sat Nav etc.

So I'm sort of after a 330d M sport with pro Nav

End point is this month, if I don't buy an auction car I might still take a Seat Cupra.

There's a few ex showroom demos about at £17-£18k, and they have Xenons (which is now an extra due to Seats 08 Spec and pricing.

RRP of a Cupra 08 with b/tooth. MP3. SRoof. Black Alloys. White paint. Conv Pack. Rear bags. Xenons. is now an unrealistic £21,700, most dealers can get that down to £20k ish when pushed.

Irfan, is the cheapest in London for Cupras 169144-ok.gif