• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

LOL!

It was me who put the remap spec up for the TDV8 Disco3! It was down to the mass data base export from Germany being combined with our current database at the time loads of errors popped up. All sorted now thank to you pointing it out on here.

When we remapped Superman_okuk's 335D we raised the torque limiter higher than we did on the 635d, we did this beacuse there where some romours flying around saying that the gear boxes in the 35Ds where failing due to high torque remaps. Our partners in Germany have spoken to BMW and asked if there have been any warranty issues with the gear boxes failing and the came back telling us the only gearbox issues was down to electronic issues on certain build codes. So when Paul aka superman_okuk brought his brand new 2008 soft-top 635d to us at the begining of the month we gave him the full benefit of the torque from the 3.0d Twin turbo beast. And what a beast it is!

We have remapped around 70 of the 35d engines and the only issue we have found was on 2 cars both of which were 2005 535ds which pushed the bottom intercooler hose off the cooler intake.

BMW dealers will wipe the remap and return the car back to standard spec, but what I have found works is honesty, When you take your car in for a service explain you have had the car remapped, sometimes they will moan a bit and have a customer service rep power trip. But at the end of the day they want your money so they wont wipe it off nor will they want to turn the warranty work away as they are paid direct from BMW. This works with the local dealers close to us.

I think one of the sales guys from where paul traded his 335d in is still driving the 335d with the remap still on it .

As for re-using a remaps on other cars with the same engine this cannot be done, there are 100s of hardware & software combinations plus the unique UPG software from the dealers, plus in map Dim files there is the cars VIN and Immo codings.

All of the implanted map changes are exported from our database and combined with the customers factory file, then a final checksumm is made to test and eliminate any software errors or conflicts. In a way the remap is semi generic as in all the changes are the same every time but the build up of the map software is a one off.

This is Pauls (superman_okuk) latest 635d, ( shame about the cup holder "BLING") lol

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh252/Rtechremaps/2008-635dcab-remap-1442008pic2.jpg?

Well I'm 2 months and 2,500 miles into owning the 635d Sport Convertible.

Fuel economy so far - 35mpg for a mixed driving or 38/39 mpg for motorway :) I get between 525 and 560 per tank before I 'bottle it' and fill up (there still seems to be a gallon left in there whatever I do!)

I love the radar cruise control, just makes life so easy....USB stick is great as well

Couple of items to be addressed under warranty:

(1) Slight creak from back quarter window over broken roads, drivers side - nothing major.

(2) Sometimes find it difficult to select reverse with the new 'joystick' when the car is cold - no problems when warm, any body else had this?

• 3 weeks later...
Well I'm 2 months and 2,500 miles into owning the 635d Sport Convertible.

Fuel economy so far - 35mpg for a mixed driving or 38/39 mpg for motorway :) I get between 525 and 560 per tank before I 'bottle it' and fill up (there still seems to be a gallon left in there whatever I do!)

I love the radar cruise control, just makes life so easy....USB stick is great as well

Couple of items to be addressed under warranty:

(1) Slight creak from back quarter window over broken roads, drivers side - nothing major.

(2) Sometimes find it difficult to select reverse with the new 'joystick' when the car is cold - no problems when warm, any body else had this?

Just make sure yur foot is firmly on the brake pedal, if your only just lightly on it sometimes it will not go in.

• 2 months later...
Lonweishoes Trade Co. Ltd(Nike Air Force Ones, Air Jordan Shoes, Nike Dunks, Nike Air Jordans, Nike Air Force 1). was established in 2002 which is a very serious and professional supplier of brand shoes in Putian Fujian province China. We are supplying classical styles of brand name shoes, such as NIKE(Jordan1-20, Shox, Air Max, Dunk, AF1, Rift ect.), ADIDAS and so on.Our products are popular all over the world with high quality, competitive price and efficient service.we can supply wholesale shoes (sneaker)nike,bape,jordan shoes.website: Nike Air Force Ones, Air Jordan Shoes, Nike Dunks, Nike Air Jordans, Nike Air Force 1

:coffee: Your point is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Lonweishoes Trade Co. Ltd(Nike Air Force Ones, Air Jordan Shoes, Nike Dunks, Nike Air Jordans, Nike Air Force 1). was established in 2002 which is a very serious and professional supplier of brand shoes in Putian Fujian province China. We are supplying classical styles of brand name shoes, such as NIKE(Jordan1-20, Shox, Air Max, Dunk, AF1, Rift ect.), ADIDAS and so on.Our products are popular all over the world with high quality, competitive price and efficient service.we can supply wholesale shoes (sneaker)nike,bape,jordan shoes.website: Nike Air Force Ones, Air Jordan Shoes, Nike Dunks, Nike Air Jordans, Nike Air Force 1

I think you accidentally typed TyreSmoke Network - Car Related Joy instead of Runner's World UK