Audi Dealers

S4Mate

Just joined the forum having moved from BMW to Audi. I took delivery of a 3 month old S4 Avant two weeks ago. So far I love the car but my dealer experience is threatening to sour the experience. I took the car in on Friday (having booked it in the week before) to have tracker fitted (required by Direct Line). It should have been fitted when I first picked up the car but they didn't have time, despite the fact that they had over a week to prep it. On Friday afternoon they rang to say that they hadn't had time to look at the car and could I return the loan A4 cab by 10.30am on Saturday as it was required for a demo. My car would be ready for collection. Seriously p'd off as I would miss the rugby but returned the loan car as agreed only to be told that they could not get the tracker to work and my car would not be ready until Monday. I now have a 1.9Tdi A6 Avant slugmatic. Rang today and I'm told they have new software for the Tracker diagnostic kit but if that doesn't fix it then I won't get the car until Wednesday.

Is this typical of Audi dealers? Fitting a tracker should be the simplest of jobs but my car has now been off the road for 4 days and it may be 6 by the time they're done sportifs2.gif.

Can anyone reassure me that this is not typical Audi service?

Just heard that they have got the tracker working but are just now looking at the on-board computer which has been showing a constand 200mpg since I got it - problem is that they might need a part so may not be able to fix it today smashfreakB.gif. Duh ROLLEY~14.GIF can't get the tracker working so we'll leave the car in bits until the last minute and then we'll start on the other thing he asked us to look at suicide.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Compared to BMW dealers, audi dealers (or the ones i have experienced along the south coast of england) are utterly dung.gifdung.gif i think audi's are great, just the dealers let them down, which is why i may consider going back to BMW for my next car.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree with Burti on this one. So******ton Audi were totally dung.gifdung.gifdung.gif regarding the problems I had with my Cab mad.gif

Cardiff Audi took the franchise from Hartwell rocketwhore.gif in Cardiff about a year ago.

Hartwell rocketwhore.gif were a bunch of arrogant idiots and did huge damage to Audi as a brand in South Wales. rocketwhore.gif

Cardiff Audi have so far been Ace. Helpful, Friendly, always willing to chat about the brand. A great start.

Keep it up! notworthy.gif

Ari. As our Spiritual Leader SMOKE6.GIFyou should set up a poll. Best and worst Audi dealer in the UK.

Maybe even present the poll winner[worst dealer] with a Clarkson Gong or something equally offensive like a visit from the same. dung.gifsekret.gif

We should maybe think of some sort of honour for the best as well. rafwings.gif

beerchug.gifGez.....

Our experiences with Aston Green Audi in Slough are one of the reasons I'm going with Audi for my next car. My wife's A3 had the ignition coil problems last year and earlier this year which meant her car had to be recovered twice to the dealer. NONO3.GIF

However, what could have been 2 bad experiences were turned round by the dealership who organised breakfast for her, got her a cab to work (and paid for it) and brought her car to her office once it was fixed. (Both times)

beerchug.gifbeerchug.gif

Not bad service at all for Slough....!!

i've just had a 40,000 mile major service on my S4 and the service was fine. i used John Fox Audi Leicester, who also happened to be about £80 cheaper than the other two garages i had quotes from.

my only complaint would be the fact that i drive an S4 but was given a bog standard A2 as a courtesy car, and for £315 a sevice, i would expect more. Spoke to customer service who agreed and said they would rectify this next time.