Car jacking

Busby

I am new to the forum and just noticed that I get an honourable mention in an earlier post - I am the guy that got car-jacked in Solihull. This is just a warning to you all to be careful becasue there are a lot of people out there who want this car. I don't want to scare anyone but just learn from what I did wrong.

Basically I was driving along at around 11.45pm and there was an almighty bang on the side of the car. Thinking that I my have clattered into some pisshead on his knees at the side of the road or a dog I stopped to have a look. When I saw nothing in the rear view mirror I go out, locked the car and had a look at the passenger side to see if there was any damage. Just as I was looking at the dent between 5 and 7 blokes came out of the bushes behind me. Four of them pinned me up the back of the car whilst one of them started whacking me and demanding the keys. Anger took hold and I told him to f*ck off and a huge punch up started. During this one of them grabbed my arm and they yanked the keys out of my hand. The car shot off while I was still fighting with the others and then the police turned up by pure chance and managed to get 3 of them. The car was written off less than two miles away after a huge smash but the jammy f*cker in it was saved by the air bag. His head smashed the screen but he still managed to get away! The car is full of his DNA so the police know who he is and it turns out there was a passenger in the car too and they are waiting for the DNA to come back on that.

With hindsight I should have pulled up the road, turned around and had a look at what was going on. Then if the c*nts had come out I would have run them over grin.gif Basically the score is that they can't steal these cars anymore - they have to break into your house or drag you out of it to get it.

Solihull VW have been awesome (big up to Paul Wisedale) and are trying to get me a new one. Mine was black with the black leather and they might be able to get me one the same with sat nav too - we shall see.

Just don't forget what a desireable car it is and be careful. My missus went stir crazy that I didn't just hand the keys over but why the hell should I. I refuse to let these scumbags rule what I do and if I can't get another R32 I am going for Tuscan and a handgun!!

In a swift subject change - has anyone had any work done by revo technik? They do a type of remap that disables the car when switched off which would be a hell of a security measure against a car jacking.

Hey Busby, Welcome to Tyresmoke!

Sorry to hear about your troubles. It concerns me 'cos my wife drives the R32 as much as me, and I'm a little worried for her safety, although she rarely drives after 7pm, and then only around relatively safe neighbourhoods.

Have you looked at the Clifford BlackJax ? It's a pretty simple device which immobilizes the car after a few hundred yards if the correct code hasn't been entered on some (hidden) buttons. At least the toe-rags might not have got far enough to crash it.

Hope you manage to get a new car to your spec and that you don't suffer anything like it again.

This is just completely f*cked up!! Well sad to say as long as your alright the car can be replaced etc. Just pisses you off when you hear things like this, surely they cant have been 'stealing it to order' ? you;d of thought they would have taken more care. Shame the airbag worked tho, the scumbag deserves everything he gets !!

Welcome to Tyresmoke, shame you couldn't have joined on a lighter note tho shocked.gifcrazy.gif

Good luck with the replacement, Lagoo is your man for Tuscan advice. beerchug.gif

Graham

Hi and welcome to ts.net Busby!! beerchug.gif

Sorry to hear of your news... the world is becoming a scarey place! I must admit that i feel alot more nervous about the car jacking thing as of late, thats why i had the Pentagon Supaglass fitted, just feel a little more secure now!!

PS if i can help with any advice on your possible Tuscan purchase then let me know!! beerchug.gif

Hi Busby,

I have got your PM and emailed you the info. Glad you found the forum anyway mate.

I'd agree with S4Dreamer on the Blackjax. I looked into it but thought perhaps I was being a bit paranoid (obviously not). Seriously considering it now!

Not sure if anyone else has had a quote but one company wanted around £300 but I think you can get it for £180.

The only thing that puts me off is the hassle of entering the code all the time but I suppose you can't have it both ways.

Out of interest where abouts did the carjacking happen?

I thought some of these systems now use a code key that you could leave in your wallet and the car will run as long as you are near by, so as soon as you are hijacked, car only runs till you are out of range - and had a chance to leg it for the cops. Maybe I imagined this, but thought they were kind ofpassive anti-jack now.

[ QUOTE ]

I thought some of these systems now use a code key that you could leave in your wallet and the car will run as long as you are near by, so as soon as you are hijacked, car only runs till you are out of range - and had a chance to leg it for the cops. Maybe I imagined this, but thought they were kind ofpassive anti-jack now.

[/ QUOTE ]

sk think you are thinking of the Navtrak system!! You need a credit card sized card whilt the car is in operation otherwise it informs their call centre!!

Yeah Shao_Khan i know what you mean.

Clifford do a 'Virtual Key' and Toad do a 'Laser Key'. Both of these have a little transponder which you attach to your key fob. When you turn the ignition a code is sent from the transponder to the immobiliser unit and your engine will start. Obviously without the transponder on your key fob the engine won't start. You may be able to leave it in your pocket but i'm not sure on the range of these things.

Also Toad do another one called the Laser Key. This is similar but you have to swipe the transponder over the reciever before turning the key and apparently this can be hidden behind trim meaning a would be thief wouldn't know where to look.

Now I looked into all 3 of these as they are all around £130 inc fitting and everywhere I asked I was told that it was a no go. The reason for this is that the transponder would conflict with the existing transponder system built into the VW Keyfob.

This is just what I was told but the guy is a friend and said he phoned Clifford and Toad direct. Is there anyone out there with this system up and running??

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info you sent. It happened on Church Hill Road - left out of Touchwood and left again at the island. It seems they through a bottle out of the bushes at the side of the council building.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus I drive passed there about 4 times a day. It's not like you'd expect that round there would you. I will keep em peeled!

Cheers mate

Busby,

Hi mate - welcome to forum and very sorry to hear about your incident - can't have been a pleasant experience. frown.gif

I know that a lot of people would say just hand over the keys (and they have a good point and I would prob say the same), but for what it's worth I know I would react in the same way as you unless faced with a gun or knife.

Hope that you get everything sorted with a new motor ASAP!

In response to questions about kit that helps 'alert' or prevent carjacking, the Navtrak ADR system has this feature. Basically, you have a small credit card size transponder that you keep on you when driving the car. If the car is running and the 'connection' is broken (you are carjacked and forced out of the vehicle for example and have the card on you)and the car then moves off - it immediately alerts Navtrak who then proceed to track the car, contact you to confirm if your car has just been carjacked, and then liase with the police to guide them to your car....

accidentally set this feature off when I first had it fitted and had a phone call within 1 minute of the car moving off. Very impressed and just hope that I never need to use it for real!

Hope you get your new motor soon!

beerchug.gif