Wheel Centrecaps falling out

B6VES

About two months ago I posted a similar question..in total I have now lost bloody 4 wheel center-caps and these are £6 + VAT each !!!..after lots of thought the only reason I can come up with is..during washing I use my power washer on the wheels after treating them with Swissol wheel cleaner...but its only set to "Fan spray"..can only think that it must be that whats damaging them its the inner lugs that snap allowing them to just fall out...but a big plus to my Stealer when I told him he gave me 2 for NOTHING and said he would put it on file to see if it was a problem just arising with the R32

I also use a Pressure cleaner but so far had no problems. Does anybody else remember anything about VW changing the wheel manufacturer from Oz to someone else (may have been Rondell or something) When I picked my car up got chatting to the sales guy and he said VW swapped manufacturers after a few cars turning up with wheel problems. Perhaps this may have something to do with it, like the fit of the centre cap. Just a thought!

Re: manufacturer of wheels..

The R32 wheels were initially made by OZ. But on many R32's you will see that the wheels are infact made by Ronal.

3 of my wheels are made by Ronal and the 4th one is made by OZ. No lie, as i have taken all the wheels off to clean and wax them twice since i've had the car.

You will be able to see the manucturers name stamped/moulded into the inside rim, which u will only see if u take the wheel off the car.

The OZ ones are made in Italy. The Ronal ones are made in Czech.

If in doubt, whip off a wheel and have a look for yourself, not that it makes any difference!

One other car spotter moment is that, SOME R32's have shiny shiny wheels (almost chrome like) and some others have a normal alloy wheel finish on them.

At first I thought this was down to some being made by Ronal, and some by OZ, but this theory was wrong after i saw my wheels where a mixture, but all the same colour.

I just wonder if there are 2 diff part numbers for the wheels..

what would happen one day if you had to buy a replacement alloy, and ended up with the wrong finish??

[ QUOTE ]

Don't like the sound of that!!

Am I right in assuming the Oz's would be a better wheel, or am I being a fashion victim (alloy wheel wise anyway??). Nothing about Czech's an all that but Oz's made in Italy sounds somewhat better than some tin pot Ronals from the Czech Rep.

smashfreakB.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The R32 is built in Czech. Maybe you should get yourself a Lancia wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I know it's bleedin well made there! But at least it's designed in Germany & then made with a watchful German eye!!

Ve Vill not tollerate shlackers!!

Git back too vork!!

jump.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the bloke was pi55ed when he watched yours being made...... the_finger.gif

jump.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

John, I'll level with you, because I was only being polite. Your exhaust note really has turned to rat sh!t.

Oh, & I'm getting a new one. Ner ner na ner ner!!!

the_finger.gifthe_finger.gifthe_finger.gif