Diesel R8 0-60 4.2s, 500bhp & 1,000Nm of torque

AZURES3

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

grin.gif Hopefully Audi have realised that a bigger engine should be mounted lower when putting the V12 TDi in the R8 - so putting that aside for a moment, if you can get past the revs and noise - it'll be a cracker 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

A V12 TDi should produce a fine sound! Maybe a slight rattle at idle, but it won't be noticeable. The torque however will be very noticeable.

The 4.2 V8 TDi is a very refined unit.

Revs? Doesn't matter, the thing will be surging toward the horizon at 2K rpm anyway

[ QUOTE ]

yep i actually really like desiel power, the torque and the low down power is unbeatable. However in a sportscar????

[/ QUOTE ]

I can only assume quite a few of you haven't driven a modern diesel?

Yes they sound shite, but they anhiliate comparitive sized petrol engines in terms of performance.

By the time the sooty R8 has reached 2000RPM, you won't see which way it's gone. The 0-60 time is a crappy 4.2 seconds only because of the low rev range (which is critical to 0-60 times)

I'd assume with 1000NM, that the 30-70 time, 50-70 time, 50-100 time will embarrass a CSL or even a Gallardo! 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

looks really good and chunky. 4500rpm though in a sports car is simply laughable though...

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny that, cos I could have sworn the R10 has won the most gruelling sports car challenge the past few years.

I do very much like the idea of a car that is the closest we're likely to get to a road going R10.

However, apart from the obvious straight line performance, I'm yet to be convinced it'll be as good a car as its V8 petrol sibling. It has a very high bar to try and reach.