AZURES3

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

6 litres I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

5,934cc to be precise! Loads more specs and stuff here.

This is also an interesting article, with plenty of detailed pictures.

[ QUOTE ]

Obviously in endurance racing fuel economy IS part of the game. Hoever the V12 diesel R10 racer is quicker than the V10 petrol R8 it replaced.

[/ QUOTE ]

The R8 was a TT V8, not a V10. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

6 litres I think.

Obviously in endurance racing fuel economy IS part of the game. Hoever the V12 diesel R10 racer is quicker than the V10 petrol R8 it replaced.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only as a result of a manipulated rule book though - like for like there's no comparison.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

6 litres I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only as a result of a manipulated rule book though - like for like there's no comparison.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, to a degree. How much of a degree we may find out this year with some technical rule changes intended to offset the advantage they gave the diesel.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

looks really good and chunky. 4500rpm though in a sports car is simply laughable though...

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny that, cos I could have sworn the R10 has won the most gruelling sports car challenge the past few years.

I do very much like the idea of a car that is the closest we're likely to get to a road going R10.

However, apart from the obvious straight line performance, I'm yet to be convinced it'll be as good a car as its V8 petrol sibling. It has a very high bar to try and reach.

[/ QUOTE ]

The R10 is an awssome tool, but ask the driver if it is as fun as the competition. 4500rpm... the new M3 gets to 8500. As said whats the point? I dont get it so enlighten me???

I think the 3.0 sooty A4 is more fun than the S4 because of the way the sooty turbo delivers the power - I love the huge shove into the back of the seat, the instant response if you hold the revs at 3.5K+.

The push into the back of the seat from 1000Nm (stock) will be simply awesome. The new M3 will feel dull as dishwater in comparison.

Big petrol engines are very linear with their power delivery - end result = it doesn't FEEL as fast.

With more and more cameras, speed kills campaigns and busier roads, the way a car FEELS as it accelerates is getting more important as you have to drive slower typically!

[ QUOTE ]

The push into the back of the seat from 1000Nm (stock) will be simply awesome. The new M3 will feel dull as dishwater in comparison.

[/ QUOTE ]

jump.gif I doubt that. A liniar high revving engine is about as exciting you can get in a car. The Sl65 had 1000nm of torque, yes it was very fast but also dull as dishwater when compared to the CSL.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

jump.gif I doubt that. A liniar high revving engine is about as exciting you can get in a car. The Sl65 had 1000nm of torque, yes it was very fast but also dull as dishwater when compared to the CSL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree !

I just can't see the point of a super fast supercar that only revs to 4.5rpm that will also sound poor compared to its competition.

The only thing going for it will be how fast it will be. If thats what rocks your boat so be it but i think i'll take a 430,RS or even the standard R8 anytime of the day , even if they're slower !