Model years.

Riz

[ QUOTE ]

Why the wait until March 04 for yours Riz?

[/ QUOTE ] a few reasons really... at this time of year why bother going for a 53 plate, on resale it does make a difference.

Also i still have my S3 so the little gap in between now and then will give me time to arrange things and try and sell the S3.

Also the PDI will be done then so the 3 years warranty will start from then.

Riz beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I still don't see how you expect to get one in March ?????

I thought Colin M mentioned in October that he had driven one of the last ones out of the factory.

I also thought you'd said that VW had confirmed that production has ceased (at least for Europe).

Puzzled? I am

[/ QUOTE ] Its simple, ive found a dealer which will hold my car unregistered until march 2004, yes production has finished, i picked one from the list of available ones on the VW dealer network wink.gif

Riz beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

That does sound a bit strange. Also by then an R32 aint really going to be so "hot" anymore it will have been out a good year and a half and there will be new shape golfs all over the shop...

[/ QUOTE ] mmmmmm yes but their wont be a R32 out for awhile yet.

I think its a physcological thing when i come to sell the R32 buyer do take into consideration the registeration year also the 2nd hand values are dictated on year and mileage etc.

To be honest i think the R32 will have the same effect as the old S3.... when the new model comes out their wont be a new R32 until nearer the end of the range.

Still a cracking car so 3months wont make much difference really..... and if its one of the last registered ones it`ll probably be one of the best second hand ones when i come to sell.... who knows... the 2nd market is madness these days.

Riz beerchug.gif

p.s. there`s no replacement for displacment. bling bling lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Blimey, that's a good dealer, holding a car for 4 months for you when they could sell it in the next couple and get the revenue on their books

[/ QUOTE ] yup... remember i only decided to buy a R32 about a week ago so trying to buy one at such alate stage was near impossible... just need to sell my S3 to make things easier now.

MY2004 R32 5dr, Leather, Sunroof and Cruise. (should only be one left now on the dealer computers)

Riz beerchug.gif

• 7 years later...