335d Coupe. First impressions....

edo

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did. ANd I replied to that post ;-)

Still only first half and first number of second half, plus it then offers first letters for postcode town.

Mixup with the dealer means that they want that 2007 disc back for the supply of the 2008!

[ QUOTE ]

Hi John,

Someone (cleverer than me) has worked out how to hack the DVD and add to the POI (points of interest) database which has hotels, petrol stations etc, and add the camera/frequently used mobile locations. Once you look for nearby poi's on the Nav system they then all show on the map. So presto you have a camera icon for every camera etc. There are sites showing how to do it yourself (looked hard work to me!), or you can download a torrent where someone has done the work. (assuming you have the equivelant BMW disk already). I downloaded it and burnt to a DVD-RW, and it worked a treat (updated the NAV os also).

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice work. 169144-ok.gif

Nice car - good colour and i like those wheels 169144-ok.gif

I wouldnt bank on that MPG lasting!! My bro in law has the same car / spec as you and he was getting mid-30's when new. Once run in he started 'using' it properly - he now cannot get it over 20mpg, except long runs c 25mpg.... grin.gif

I have driven it and i do admit, it is stunning. For me - not really quick enough to consider entertaining due to the economy when driven hard. But as has been said - remapped....... well, that is a whole different ball park ECLIPSe.gif

Enjoy - you have made a sterling choice! 169144-ok.gif

I've just had my first service today at 18500 miles for £175.00

It does 35 mpg all day long , and its been remapped. I cant get it to go below 30mpg !

Put a new pair of front tyres on today for £245 even though i still had a couple of thousand miles left in them. Mind you i had to change the rears at 13000 but what do you expect from all that lovely power going to the rear. cool.gif

I'm not looking forward to tyres (19" wheels).

Servicing hold no fear for me - the first owner was kind enough to spend £1650 odd on the 5 year servcice and maintenance pack. I shant be mentioning it when I book it in - I have an (probably unfair) feeling they will do less when they arent getting cash out of me!

Right, well. So far for the last 500 miles I am averaging 40.9.

Record (50 mile journey, done in an hour) was 49.

The 40.9 includes plenty of spirited drives and demonstrations to people who wanted a go.

Car is getting detailed on Sat so will post up some shiny pics then!

[ QUOTE ]

I wouldnt bank on that MPG lasting!! My bro in law has the same car / spec as you and he was getting mid-30's when new. Once run in he started 'using' it properly - he now cannot get it over 20mpg, except long runs c 25mpg.... grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Does you Brother in Law have the petrol by any chance rather than the deisel??

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does you Brother in Law have the petrol by any chance rather than the deisel??

[/ QUOTE ]

you'd think so, eh!! yelrotflmao.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Either he's got a petrol, or he does loads of stop start journeys and drives everywhere flat out!

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a diesel!!! I think we do know the difference. coffee.gif

Erm - yes, he drives everywhere flat out. I think it's his driving style, as the TD4 Freelander they used to own only managed 30mpg for some obscure reason.....

Glad yours is up into the 40's - nice one!!! 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe I should start using V Power diesel instead of the normal stuff? I'm getting 28-30 mpg out of my 535d LCI.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't understand just how you are getting such poor MPG, I was out yesterday in all that wind, and I was pushing the envolope and still averaged 35MPG!!!. smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

My '05 535d Touring (pre LCI) averaged 28.2mpg over the year or so I had it, which was only fractionally less than than the E61 525d that preceeded it. I've heard the newer ones are more economical though, but have no first hand experience...

Peter

[/ QUOTE ]

My 635D Sport is the latest "Effiency Dynamics", the front grill has flaps to stay shut till the engine warms up, and energy is re claimed from the brakes, also when accelerating the alternator disconnects from the engine to remove load.

All this adds up to more MPG. smile.gif