Reviewed: Victoria Wax Super Soap

steelwind101

VicWaxSoap.jpg

Is this really a super premium wash or simply another weak shampoo with lots of gloss? Time to find out!

I purchased this from Ebay as you can get them on there with “free” shipping. That is genuinely free as it products costs the normal retail price to get the product in your hands at your door. 8oz for £7.49 and 16oz for £12.95. All was sent second class recorded and arrived the next day. For buying one-of products Ebay is the place to shop, internet retailers charge to much for next day delivery im not interested in one lonely item. At the same time i purchased a Victoria Wax WW towel, £6.39 delivered.

First impressions of the soap are quite good, the bottle is a nice shape and when you unscrew the flip top bottle there is a red cap you need to remove to before the product will come out. Mine came out easily enough. No product did, or could leak. I was greeted by a sweet, difficult to describe smell. When i mixed the shampoo in the bucket the scent changed, it reminded me of Meguiars Step 3 wax!

Unfortunately, the bottle has no labels on how much product to you use. It states: use a medium size bucket and add enough soap to activate foaming action. That’s a real let down, its the kind of poor labelling that I expect from Chemical Guys. At least there were no spelling mistakes or contradictions in the same grammarless paragraph! I visited the Victoria Wax website which was of no help I hit a few forums to get an idea of what others were using.

I chose to add 1oz of soap per 2 gallons of water. This certainly made a soapie and highly lubricating car wash. Out to the car with a fresh washmitt, suds transferred from the bucked to car covering my mitt in a lubie and effective washing formula. The mitt glided over the traffic film and road grime taking off the dirt. In the clear water bucket the mitt washed cleanly and freely with out turning it in to a suds fest.

wash2.jpg

This product seemed to dry quite quickly and left what I thought was going to be some streaking. I had to blast the car with the hose to rinse off the shampoo residue. In warmer weather i wash and rinse a panel or two at a time but never in the winter.

washing.jpg

Im pleased to report no smearing or streaking was left, the car was shiny and water rinsed free reasonably well. I must add the bottle says to “rinse often”. The finish left was fairly mediocre Victoria Wax do a very good QD and you would want to use it bring back the sparkle to your paintwork as this doesn’t do it.

Suds were consistent to end even when i put in an old mitt to take care of the lower rubber seals.

Over all it was a pretty good experience. If you use 1.5OZ to a 3 gallon bucket of water your looking at 10 washes from 16OZ or £1.30 per wash. This soap was atleast as good as Poorboys SSS but with only one problem; Super Slick and Suds costs around £14 for TWICE as much and uses a similar dilution ratio meaning its just 65p per wash for the same results.

If your looking for a decent “premium” car shampoo that suds up and cleans well this is the way to go; I would recommend Victoria Wax Super Soap. If your looking for something with similar cleaning power and, is so often is the case with premium shampoo’s no/little suds consider the Wolfgang/Pinnicle car wash.

Victoria Wax Super Soap says its formulated for carnauba wax finishes and it was tested today on Victoria Wax Concours that was a few weeks old.

Cleaning: 7

Lube: 8

Rinse: 6

Shine: 6

A quick few thoughts on WW towel: Its small at just 16” x 24” (40x60cm). Thats about half the size of the Poorboys WW towel that i have plenty of and have used for many yrs. Infact, these towels are the same material, probably from the same factory, just died a different colour! You will only pay a few pounds more for the larger PB’s towel which i would recommend.

However, at £6.39 inc delivery these towels will make a good addition for going around and drying up around the wing mirror or to dry a small car in the summer when there is alot less water residue remaining on the cars. Prehapes if you wanted to dedicate a WW for wheels this small and thirsty little towel could be ideal.

Geoff