POLO GTI 00' GAMMA RADIO

Ritey

Hello all,

Recently purchasing a wonderful phase 2 GTI Polo however I can't figure out how to turn of the traffic report feature on the radio, its interrupting my charma!! rafwings.gif

Can anyone help as the manual I have is for a beta radio! Just need to know how to turn the damn thing off confused.gif

Thanx

I had a 2000 Polo with Gamma and I have to say I never worked out how the hell TP worked. What is more the TIM seemed to be just as temperamental. Sometimes TP would come on constantly other times it didn't work even when I wanted it to. Following the manual gave no better results! smashfreakB.gif

I think it's a great feature. You program in the channels you want it to seach for the travle messages and it goes away and collects them so that you can listen to cds and then just hit the TIM button to hear the travle announcements that you would have missed plus it saves you having to listen to some of the dire local radio up here just to hear what's caused a jam.

I'll need to check in min to see how i've set it buy from memory there is a tp or ta that comes up on the screen when it's activated, you just use the relevant button (think it has one or more of the tp/ta/tm codes on it to switch it off? If I remember I'll scan in the relevant pages of the manual but it should be simple enough.

• 5 months later...

Did anybody ever figure this out, because I have the same problem. "TP" seems to be permanently set, and with this on the radio tunes in to the nearest strongest signal, which is the local station even though it's not the one I want to listen to, although the one I want is preset - it will hold it once it locks on, but you have to be in a strong signal area, otherwise it swaps straight back to the local station. Once you trun off the ignition though it also swaps back to the local station onvce you start up again. I'm in and out of the car all day so it's really annoying. The traffic program is fine if you are travelling but I'm just driving locally so not much cop to me and not what I want to listen to.

It SHOULD be simple enough to switch the function off, but it isn't! I have read the manual backwards, and it says nothing. The main dealers are (surprise surprise) clueless too. Switching from FM to AM and back doesn't work for me.