An Aston for a few days.....

deanos3

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

shocked.gif great photos dude - seriously, I dream of getting results like this notworthy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed - great photos Dean. I like the grad ND effect on the first one, and that moving shot is great - is that a 'hang out of another car' job?

One thing that I've always wondered about with car photography - how do you keep them clean? Do you have to lug a bucket, microfibre cloth and a 5-gallon tub of water about? grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! The moving shot is achieved by attaching a rig to the car, I'm actually behind it pushing, then it's just the 2hr job of removing the rig in photoshop!

As for keeping them clean; I normally carry a load of microfibre cloths and a bottle of quick detailer 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

The moving shot is achieved by attaching a rig to the car, I'm actually behind it pushing, then it's just the 2hr job of removing the rig in photoshop!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, I had seen something similar, with a guy that used a series of perspex/glass/other transparent beams to attach the camera to, then a bit of Photoshop to get rid of it afterwards.

I guess the rig isn't the kind of thing you pick up at your local Jessops though, eh? wink.gif

Of course, with the camera stable enough, a slow speed on ther car plus a slower shutter speed gives that impression of rushing speed - very nice.

I'm sure a few TSNers would be keen to see some "behind the scenes" shots as well, if you ever take any (or get somebody to take some), showing the creative genius at work...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The moving shot is achieved by attaching a rig to the car, I'm actually behind it pushing, then it's just the 2hr job of removing the rig in photoshop!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, I had seen something similar, with a guy that used a series of perspex/glass/other transparent beams to attach the camera to, then a bit of Photoshop to get rid of it afterwards.

I guess the rig isn't the kind of thing you pick up at your local Jessops though, eh? wink.gif

Of course, with the camera stable enough, a slow speed on ther car plus a slower shutter speed gives that impression of rushing speed - very nice.

I'm sure a few TSNers would be keen to see some "behind the scenes" shots as well, if you ever take any (or get somebody to take some), showing the creative genius at work...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Chris,

Nope, not something you can pick up in Jessops I'm afraid. Mine is home made and took a good few months to perfect so I'm not overly keen on sharing the rig design but, I could do a behind the scenes kind of thing because it is quite interseting to see the build up of the final image.

My rig does look very similar to this...

2.jpg

This chap has a pretty good behind the scenes article on his blog. I sure as hell don't go to the lengths he does though (adding different sky's, different body panels from other shots etc), I think his images look a tad fake to be honest, but very well executed.

http://dukesphotography.com/blog/2008/01...ild-up/#more-48

Great images Dean 169144-ok.gif

Ive always had a admiring interest in photography.

Something ive always wondered about is when does a photograph cease being a photograph.

Photoshopped images are almost considered the norm now, to the point where its almost as required as the camera itself.

[ QUOTE ]

Great images Dean 169144-ok.gif

Ive always had a admiring interest in photography.

Something ive always wondered about is when does a photograph cease being a photograph.

Photoshopped images are almost considered the norm now, to the point where its almost as required as the camera itself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Paul!

I know where you're coming from. Some images are so over processed that they are no longer photo's (IMO). Take that mini cooper shot above, if he had just taken out the rig, and given the image a litte saturation boost then in my eyes it would still be a photo, But, taking multpile images and stitching them together in that way in my opinion isn't photography at all!

Anyway, enough ranting, more pics....

2214463205_e6cfeb2e00_o.jpg

2215516186_cacbdf75c5_o.jpg

2214552559_dfc95ae58c_o.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

taking multpile images and stitching them together in that way in my opinion isn't photography at all!

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but it's still visual media art, which might be the aim - if an editor wants an particular image in a magazine, and it can't be done 'in camera', as long as it's not presented as photography, it's valid enough IMHO. Photographers need to be careful not to end up sounding too 'snobby' about their art. If it's presented as photography, then yes, there should be accepted limits, and if it's art, anything goes. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, enough ranting, more pics....

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good. I assume the skies are darkened with an ND grad? I must admit, I'd never realyl considered a grad for anything other than levelling off bright skies, but I really like that effect on the cloudy skies. See, now you've made it so that I have to have room in my bag for my Lee filter sets, even on cloudy days! tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't quite a behind the scenes shots but shows you roughly what goes on when in front of the mac|!

771584325f0b41a1b51efa44ac0c6dd56g.jpg

• 1 month later...

[ QUOTE ]

Stunning Photos Dean, did you get all your lighting kit in the boot as well as change of clothes for a weekend away?

Noble Driver

[/ QUOTE ]

Why thank you kind sir! I had my rig in the cabin with me, and all the camera & lighting gear/tripods etc in the boot. I don't think I could have squeezed anything more in the boot, but I could have put a couple of pairs of socks on the back 'seats'. grin.gif