Quick Demo with Wonder Foam

drpellypo

[ QUOTE ]

Which make lance / foam applicator do you use DrP.? I was about to buy the Karcher £15 as it probably best fits my budget but I just think I might regret it and end up buying something better a couple of months later.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the Karcher £15 Foam applicator from Halfords and Dr.P's wonder foam, fill the bottle 1/3 and then hot water and it works fine. Maybe not a blizzard of foam like the Gilmour one but does the job nonetheless.

The only down side is that the bottle is too small, usually need to refil once during snow period to cover an RS4 Avant.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Yes, although to get the best benefit of any foaming product a proper foam lance would be used.

The price is already lower than my competitors afaik. I'm also swallowing the VAT on postage, so you're getting a cracking deal.

http://www.wonderdetail.co.uk/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=18

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this just Wonder Foam, or the Citrus Wonder Foam? I saw those pics on Detailing World and you've said you used the Citrus one, but your link points to the normal one - which one do you recommend?

169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well spotted! I'd cut and pasted the wrong photo links. That is indeed my citrus foam. However, the normal foam is also very very good. The citrus just has a more cleaning power if you're wanting to go more towards the touchless wash.

There are car foaming car soaps that clean and you can wash with if you want the ability to be more versitle with foam gun product.

Things like Maxi Suds + Snow Foam do make a very fluffy deep mix that is different to Snow foam on its own. But has none of the benefits of Xtreme foam.

Also, mixing soap with Snow Foam does dent its economy as well which its huge advantage of over the special foaming-soaping-cleaning products.

Geoff

I think a lot of us are over zealous with the product and forget that too much is as bad, or sometimes worse, than too little when mixing in the Shampoo especially?

I add a couple of squirts of Elite Snow Foam and a couple of Hyperwash and think this is possibly a bit too much in the 1 litre HD bottle?

On next outing I think I will just stick to the Snow Foam and see how I get on.

I also have a good stock of AB Pink Snow Foam that I have not used too but finishing off the Elite stuff first.

So if anyone has good experience on these specific products then please do post up how you mix it so I can compare to what I do currently.

I think this has got to be the most popular topic at the moment and pretty much everyone uses a different mix of ratio and products too?

Ok I have the Autobrite HD lance and find it is excellent. One question for other users.......

The knob on top of the lance which is marked + in one direction and - in the other, what does this do. I assume it varies the mix of foam product and the water. However, when I go towards the - side it seems to give better foam when I would have thought this would have given more water and less foam..........anyone able to advise.

[ QUOTE ]

Ok I have the Autobrite HD lance and find it is excellent. One question for other users.......

The knob on top of the lance which is marked + in one direction and - in the other, what does this do. I assume it varies the mix of foam product and the water. However, when I go towards the - side it seems to give better foam when I would have thought this would have given more water and less foam..........anyone able to advise.

[/ QUOTE ]

It just varies the amount of mix in the bottle compared to the water flowing I believe 169144-ok.gif