Tyres....how much ?

pigeonfish

I'm gettin' desperate !

My 18"'s promised by Hartwell Audi Birmingham has been sold with the demonstrator and need to change my tyres, i've been putting it off, and putting it off now I am down to slicks on the front (15.5K miles) and wonder if any of you guys have bought rubber for the Six Arm Diamond ( 235/45 R17W ) and what's a good price ?

Just had my front tyres replaces (after 30.000km) with Michelin Pilot Sport (235/45/17).

All Audi/VW are delivered with Continental tyres in the Netherlands as the importer is also the importer of Continental tyres.

After one week driving the Michelins I must admit that these are much better (direct) than the Continentals.

Great improvement.

Don't know about the price as the invoice is sent to my company directly.

I put Toyo Proxies 235/45/17's on my A4.

I think I ended up paying a total of £95 a corner for all 4, but that was 9 months ago, so I don't think you can get them for that now.

Try BlackCircles - I'd certainly recommend the Toyo's for great price/performance.

IMHO, the Pilot Sports which came originally on my A4 were sh:te, and they're a lot more expensive than the Toyo's. Although the Toyo's do tend to wear quite quickly, they come with deeper initial tread than most brands, and I expect them to last about the same as my Pilot Sports, which was 13k miles EEK2.GIF

• 1 month later...

Had two punctures in 6 months so have good experience!! Delivered via the AA (don't ask, wife panicked) £240. One month later, another puncture. Shopping around for a Dunlop SP9, £147 at quick fit for a 235/45 17". And the other costs of ownership (oil at £12 ltr - 2.5 litres consumed in 5500 miles) and low MPG and I am already applying for the second mortgage. Rather that than scrap the beautiful cab.